Another NST and cervix check

iVillage Member
Another NST and cervix check
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 10:29am

At least this time he passed the NST!  Yay!  I was worried about little motion last time.  Cervix has not progressed, but his head is WAY DOWN.  So strange.  I had LEEP in the past, so the expectation would be for some dilation by now.  He thought I'd be at a 5 by now with that in my chart.  I'm so discouraged every time they check and I have had no noticeable contractions since the 5-6 hours of regular contractions I had on Tuesday that were totally ineffective.  He did mention inducing today, but I told him I'd like to try to go naturally.  It may not happen though.  :(  I'm going to load up on pineapple today and maybe that will help.  I ate a lot of it last pregnancy.  I know it's unlikely, but I'll try anything at this point for some progress.  39 weeks tomorrow. I have been drinking red raspberry leaf tea which is supposed to make contractions more effective, but I think I wasted my money.  Of course, not having any contractions lately, I guess it can't really help.  It's weird.  Suddenly, I don't even have any discharge whereas Tuesday I was having loads of it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 12:45pm
I feel the same way. I am 39 weeks today, and with both of my previous pregnancies I was at least 3-4 cm by now, today I was 1.5, I fully expect to be pregnant next week at my 40 week apt.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 6:21pm
I'm glad your NST went well. This little guys just don't know how they make us worry when they decide to have a mellow day of not moving. I'm sorry you haven't progressed, but it's great that he is low. That will definitely get things moving. Good luck! I forgot about pineapple. I may go eat some and go for a walk. ~Rachel, Mom to five great kiddos and another on the way!
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 7:49pm
I know, Cheryl. By now, in my last pregnancy, my DD was already born and about 3 days old. We were home from the hospital already. It is surprising when the 2nd one takes their time. Rachel- I didn't bother walking or doing anything special leading up to 37 weeks because I fully anticipated I wouldn't need to and wanted to be sure I was able to make it past my DD's birthday party before anything started happening. oops! Was I wrong! hahaha...
Lilypie Maternity tickers