Baby may be head down

iVillage Member
Baby may be head down
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 5:50am

Had my Sunday midwife appointment.  She thinks the baby has turned head down now.  She's not 100% sure, and neither am I.  It does feel like the weight's distributed a bit differently, but still not sold.  I need an ultrasound to confirm.  So they want me to go ahead and get the evaluation for the version...in case they are wrong.  I was a bit shocked to hear that if I need a version and it's successful they will immediately induce labor.  That's so the baby doesn't have a chance to turn again, but it seems extreme to me.  Hopefully this knowledge is unnecessary now.

I really don't understand why it's so difficult to be sure of this baby's position so often.  It was never an issue at all with DD.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:17pm
Good luck! I hope baby is heads down and stays that way. Keep us posted on your evaluation!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 9:09am

I certainly hope her little noggin is where it belongs!! I also hope that a version/induction are not going to be required for you and your baby. 

My baby doesn't go into the true "foot down" position any longer, but she does go transverse sometimes.  I have never dealt with this with either of my others this late, either!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012