Baby still VERY mobile and breach

iVillage Member
Baby still VERY mobile and breach
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 2:42pm

Baby is still breach.  The midwife was nervous and asking about if the baby still moves much...then the baby answered the question.  She was shocked that a 36 week baby still had that much mobility.  I have to go in Sunday for another check.  They're scheduling me for an evaluation for a version next week.  I agreed because I wanted a good ultrasound to verify that the cord or anything else isn't a problem.  I really can't seem myself agreeing to the version...they do it in an operating room with an epi...all the things I really want to avoid.  Obviously, if they determine that's the only safe way for this baby, then we'll do that, but not yet.  I'll need to give this little one a bit more time before I go down that path.

I understand that we're getting in a pinch as my DD came 2.5 weeks early, but I don't feel like there is anything wrong with this baby.  My DD only stayed head down for 1 week before she was born.  She did giant summersaults daily.  This one just kinda rocks head up in the ribs then feet up in the ribs with butt shifting across the cervix.

I'm supposed to do inversion exercises 3 times a day.  I also have the hypnobabies turning breach script and have been playing the baby music. 

Anyone else still got a breach baby?

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 8:13pm
I hope baby decides to flip to heads down soon! My little one has been head down for a while and seems to be staying put and I don't have any experience with inversion. I'm sorry that's not very helpful.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 6:54pm

ETA stupid double post!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 6:52pm

Mine still flips transverse at times, but not really a true breech.  I can understand not wanting to do the version in the OR with an epi, but if there is a TRUE emergency, that is helpful.  A friend of mine had it done with a terbutaline shot to relax her uterus, but it was unsuccesful in the end.  She really would have done anything to avoid a csection.  I hope this babe turns soon and stays put! 

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012