First appt 7 weeks

iVillage Member
First appt 7 weeks
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 4:44pm

So I went in for my first appt today. The dr did a transvaginal ultrasound and saw nothing. He asked if my pregnancy test even came back positive. Which it did. They drew blood today and I have to go again wed. Has anyone else had them not see anything on us at 7 weeks? I have suspected for awhile that I am closer to 5 to 6 weeks pregnant based on my hcg count and my irregular period. But now I am so scared :-(

Photobucket
Happily Married for 12
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-09-2012 - 5:30pm
I"m sorry, when it's so early, it's tough! Did he see a sak? My last pg I went in when I should have been 7 wks 5 days, I expected to see baby, but we only saw a sak with a yolk. My dr thought I was just off on dates but I knew I wasn't and I did mc 10 days later. On the other hand, I have heard many positive stories where they didn't see anything one week and saw healthy baby the next week. Take care of yourself and good luck with you HCG #s! I hope it works out for you!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 6:43am

I don't have any expierence with this but I just wanted to wish you well and hope that the dates are just off.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 10:09am

Irregular periods can really effect things, but Drs tend to not listen when you try to tell them such things.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 3:04pm

I have really irregualr periods as well and I always found it helpful to keep track of when I was ovulating so I can tell them exactly where in my cycle I am (I did it by temping everyday). If I did not stress that I know I ovulated two weeks later than normal (LMP was 1/30 and I know I ovulated on