He's head down

iVillage Member
He's head down
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:13am

I just got back from my almost 33 week appointment.  Everything looks fine.  I am measuring about 33 weeks, so that's great.  Now I can very matter of factly say that I'm measuring right on for my gestational stage anytime someone makes a comment about how large I am.  ;o)  Luca's heartbeat was 143 and he is positioned head down with his back to my left side and feet under my rib cage on the right side.  He loves to kick at that side too.  The doctor doesn't think he should be doing any acrobatics or somersaults so he should stay put (hopefully) with the exception of rolling side to side possibly.

I also got my TDAP shot and bloodwork done.  The TDAP shot during pregnancy makes me a little nervous, but I haven't had my shots in such a long time (whooping cough is going around here and DD is in school) and hopefully it will provide him with antibodies that will help him fight off infection if he comes into contact with any bad germies once he's here.  Hopefully no ill effects for him.  Still makes me nervous though.  I don't even like to use skin creams or fragrances and rarely makeup because of the chemicals, so I'm just super paranoid about that exposure during pregnancy.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 6:45am
Yes, he's a live wire. He moves around soooo much compared to my DD and I thought she was very active. He doesn't seem to be much of a sleeper. He is active most of the time. I was hoping for a good sleeper this time around. Oh well. I guess I'll be up all night with a newborn and a 4 year old.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 8:28pm
yay for head down! Sorry about your ribs! My little guy is also head down with his spine usually going up my left side, but for my NST this week he was going up my right side. He must have his legs tucked in because he is my first baby not to be kicking the heck out of my ribs. My little guy is also pretty mellow, which is also a new one for me. Is your's pretty active?
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:29pm
I am too, though with the placement of his feet, I have constant pain under my right rib (just under my boob). It is always sore and makes it hard to sleep. I can't imagine having the pain for 7 more weeks. She said he was low down, but didn't say that he had dropped. I forgot to ask. I hope he hasn't and maybe once he does, some of that pain will be relieved.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:39am
And I'm glad he's finally head down - we're still totally transverse here!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:39am
My FIL got whooping cough last year. He was MISERABLE. I can't imagine a baby going through that. I will likely having the vax after delivery (I react to stabilizing agents - so do my kids), but everyone else in the house has already had the vax. I'm pretty careful, also - we are a fairly natural household in terms of chemicals. I do delay vax's but I know they have a very valid place in the world!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012