Jensen Alexander is here :D

iVillage Member
Jensen Alexander is here :D
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 5:40pm

I was induced on 10/26 at 7:30 in the morning and had Jensen at 9:20pm 8lbs 1.74 oz 20in. Thank goodness this delivery was exactly half the time of DS1 because I enjoyed it so much more and we avoided all nicu time. Also I can thank my lucky stars because upon delivery and inspection of the umbelical cord they found out that there was only one artery and one vessel instead of two arteries and one vessel. After looking into the condition, called SUA for short, my doc said it was a good thing we didn't know before hand because the likelyhood of fetal demise is super high and we all would have been freaked out. Not only that but if the infant actually survives to birth there is a 50% chance of serious health/birth defects. With the ultrasounds that we had to check on his kidneys at one point, we got the all clear for any abnormalities early, and the most common symptoms being low birthweight and restricted placenta growth we missed completely. I was huge with lots of fluid and he ended up a good size. My doctor does have tiny hands so the worst thing about delivery was the afterbirth when the umbellical cord broke and she couldn't get a good reach on the placenta. They brought in a second doc to help remove it. No stitches, no episiotomy, and no tearing. I had some pretty bad swelling, but at 6 days pp I feel like most of it is gone :D

All in all everything went great imo. Baby latches like a professional and left the hospital already above birthweight. We went to our 1st apt today and the doc was so happy with it that she said we didn't need to come in at 1 month, just at 2mo since she knows i'll call her if i have anything weird happen in the meantime and DS1 we were always attentive and called if we had concerns. 

The only bad news is I have had a fever for the past two days I have had a fever so she checked me for infction and put me on antibiotics. Has anyone else had a uteral infection? If so how long before the antibiotics took the fever away? 

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 5:47pm
I forgot to mention that he still hasn't passed the hearing screening so we have to go back to the hospital for a repeat in 2-3 weeks. Let's hope for the best, but out of all the things that could have gone wrong from the SUA I am ok if that is the worst problem. How crazy!
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 9:50am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! Welcome to the world, Jensen!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 4:59pm

congrats to you and Jenson! im glad you had an easier labor this time around. I had surprise issues with my umbilical cord with my first DS. it was only partially attached to the placenta. after countless ultrasounds, it never showed up. I hope he passes his next hearing test! i will send some positive vibes!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-05-2012 - 5:57pm
I'm stopping by from the Nov EC board - First congratulations! Second I wanted to say our babies share the same birthday!!! Take care and I hope you feel well soon. Tabatha
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 7:00pm

Wow. I am glad everything turned out. I think it was a good thing of not knowing if you couldn't change anything anyway. Congrats.

Photobucket