Karlee is here!

iVillage Member
Karlee is here!
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 6:03pm

Hi everyone!

We had our little girl last saturday the 13th.  She was 7 lbs. 20 in. and is beautiful!  We feel so blessed to have her here.  The only crazy thing during delivery was that I stayed a 3 for the entire day and each time the nurse would check me the baby was moving higher rather than lower into the pelvis.  Finally she was so high that when the nurse pushed on her head she actually moved (floated) around.  Luckily there were midwives across the hall that had some ideas in their back pockets.  I had to lay on my side with my top leg in a stirrup and my bottom leg a little extended behind me.  They called it the pretzel.  After half and hour I was complete, ready to push and baby was fully engaged.  Crazy!  I was glad I had the epidural because even with it I had some pretty strong pain during that half hour.

Happy to be holding little Karlee, we love her!

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 10:18pm

Awesome! Congrats :D

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 8:53am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Karlee.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:35am

Congratulations! Lol - so thats what they call it. I was trying to get LO to make her final turn and was in a pretzel but to no avail. ;-)

Love the name and spelling you chose!

- JM