Any pre-baby plans?

iVillage Member
Any pre-baby plans?
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:10pm

Anybody trying to squeeze in one last weekend getaway?  Or a good date night?  Or maybe a special one-on-one activity with your other kid before baby arrives?

I don't have the energy for much.  I bought a Ninja blender today.  My oldest loves helping in the kitchen, and my youngest loves whole fruit smoothies.  So the blender will let them have a treat without me having to leave the house.  I'm going to have them help me sew a shaped pillow for each also, so they have something special to take spending the night at grandma's house when baby arrives.  Just going to have them trace and cut out a basic shape to sew around, and stuff it using the padding from our couch pillow the dog just bit a hole in, nothing fancy.  Lol, DD will probably want hers shaped like a mustache because she's quirky and DS will want a plane or sword I'm guessing.

If I had the energy (wishful thinking, right?) I'd take the whole family to a local hotel for a night.  We'd go swimming in the hotel pool and stay up watching movies.  But I'm just not up for that, so we'll make due at home.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:17pm
Yes we are trying. I cried the other night because although I am so grateful DH has a good paying job, he often works late and I miss cuddling in bed with him and date night too. He took me to a little French restaurant for breakfast this morning and it was awesome :smileyhappy:
Your pillow and blender idea is awesome. My daughter and I love baking and making smoothies together. DH and I will get date night again next week before the baby's born, hoping to go to the drive in to see a movie :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 5:30pm
We have my cousin's birthday party tomorrow, so we're going to that. That's really it.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 6:12pm

the weather has become divine here in NC, so i have been taking the boys to the park 1st thing in the morning on the weekends. They play while I sit my happy butt down on a bench and read :smileyhappy:  Also took them to the local WNC Nature center to see animals and such. That's it. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 9:44pm
Ooh! Did you see the red wolf puppies? I want to go! We had Peter's party at the shelters there last weekend, but didn't have time to go up the hill. :smileyhappy:
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 3:14am
We live next door to a medieval (or older?) abbey, and they're having a concert there in a couple weeks, so we invited MIL and BIL to come. If LO decides to appear early, we'll be steps away from home. Plus, they wanted to see our newly acquired upstairs part of the aparrment even though we haven't managed to renovate yet and this will keep conversation limited on certain topics. ;-)

- JM