Baby Care- How Involved is Your Partner?

iVillage Member
Baby Care- How Involved is Your Partner?
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 9:17am

Figuring out all the new relationships and roles when a new baby arrives can be very challenging. Most new parents are surprised by what they learn about themselves and their partners when a baby comes.

Baby care: 7 ways to get dad involved- http://www.ivillage.com/baby-care-7-ways-get-dad-involved/6-a-129140?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Does your DH/SO actively help out with baby care? Does your partner change diapers or get up in the middle of the night? What doesn't he do that you wish he would?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 11:17am
My Dh is very involved. I feel truly blessed. We are a great team, and always trade off baby and take turns. He even wakes up with him 20min before he has to get ready for work at 3 in the morning. He gets less sleep than me, but if i look too tired, he tells me to take a nap, that he will take care of everything. I feel so lucky. My first 2 boys, they had different fathers who did NOTHING. So it makes me appreciate that i have finally found a great guy :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 9:54am

This article may come in pretty handy this time around for me. With our DS my DH was only going to school and not working so he helped out a ton, without me asking for it much of the time. It also helped that he has a set of twins with his ex and so his seasoned approach was refreshing. This time, though, he is working two jobs so I may need to prod a bit more for some help and we still need to communicate even more so our DS doesn't get overrun by baby. Thanks for the article :)