Fun or Frivolous Purchases

iVillage Member
Fun or Frivolous Purchases
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 4:13pm

I know we've all been working on making sure we have the things we need, but what random stuff have you gotten, just because you wanted it? You know, the things that aren't necessary but will be nice to have?

I ordered a new ring sling yesterday. I already have a Moby Wrap and an Ergo, but really wanted something a little easier to use when going to the store. The one I'm getting is a tester, so I get a gift certificate toward another one after I provide feedback. It's wool, and a gorgeous houndstooth print. I may look exhausted this winter when we're out and about, but at least I'll look stylish with my houndstooth sling and black pea coat, right? :smileywink:

And I'm considering a pack of Aden & Anais swaddle blankets next week with the 20% off Amazon mom gift code. One of the girls at church uses hers for everything, and it looks amazing! And since I hate nursing covers, something like that would be nice in the beginning until we get good at latching.

by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 5:49pm
I suppose it would be the 70 balls of yarn for sweaters. Lol. Once I finish the sleeves on this one, the count will be at six. I am planning to buy a cute mobile I saw online, but we all know babies could care less to see the bottoms of little stuffed animals swirling above their head. ;-)

Hmm a houndstooth sling would look darn cute with my black wool coat, too... :-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 6:16pm
My daughter actually really loved the bears on her mobile in the bassinet! You never know! My purchases are all clothing. Christmas is going to kill my wallet with all the cute clothes.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 12:14am

Love the costume!

I haven't done any splurges yet.  I really want a family necklace.  Something like a silver pea pod with three peas (for my soon to be three children) or a little tree with three apples or a metal nest with three tiny eggs or maybe the names carved inside a locket.  Not sure if I'll buy one or not, but that would be my splurge if I do.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 7:57am
Aww that's sooo cute!! Now you'll have to nickname her "Laceybug". ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 8:46am
I luuuuuuurve houndstooth pattern. I'll bet that sling is super cute! I keep intending to buy "fun" stuff since Im having another boy and dont really need anything new, but I haven't.

Although Im going to be cloth diapering for the first time, and getting those in the mail has been pretty exciting. LOL
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 9:01am
Cloth diapers are totally fun! I just got newborn wool covers in the mail Wednesday. Soft squishy goodness!
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg