ivillage pop-ups

iVillage Member
ivillage pop-ups
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 7:31pm

Mini preggo induced rant.....

I hate all of the little flags that pop up on the screen on ivillage. You know the ones that fly in from the side or expand from the top and when you click on something it doesn't respond because the banner had every thing messed up? I also dislike the little banner at the bottom of the page promoting Weight Watchers with jessica Simpson that follows every scroll of EVERY page. I'm pregnant and yes, I need to lose weight but dangit.....don't follow me around and remind me!

sigh....ok....I'm better now :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 7:57pm

At least the recent Luvs ads are more relatable than the Trojan ads of last month, lol.  And I agree - I hate the ads. I'm glad for the support I've found from this group, but I doubt I'd use the boards again if I ever got pregnant again.  Oh, and I'm on a laptop, so the screens are big, I can't imagine dealing with the ads on a smartphone.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:09pm
i dont get any of these ads... unless i x them out without realizing it lol but im pretty sure i dont ever see them. i use safari, maybe the browser keeps them out?
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:55pm
I am using Google Chrome. But it doesn't matter what browser I use :smileyhappy:

It's all good. I just got really irritated this afternoon when I couldn't click or scroll on these pages without something being in my way.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:32am

used to love IV, now is is slow.. the pop ups SUCK and I have pretty much ditched it for facebook which is a fast feed and easier to reply and see updates.  IV has some SERIOUS competition.    After the baby is born I don't plan on returning to this site.. the updates were poor choices all around and the format not user friendly. 

oh well!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 12:17pm
Ipod's Safari browser loads super fast and is ad-free, but I do miss out on all the tickers and siggies! I don't think I would be here if I was on a pc, because pop-ups and flying ads scare virus-paranoid me. I saw a weight loss ad on another pregnancy site, and that irked me, too. I worked so hard to get past HG and an anorexic background - I shouldn't be worrying about body shape yet. Let's hope they don't run those diaper ads in the TTC, loss and miscarriage forums!!

- JM

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:26pm
:-( Very disappointed to hear that.

- JM