Lane Bryant bra?

iVillage Member
Lane Bryant bra?
Wed, 09-05-2012 - 5:26pm

For the plus sized ladies...

Has anyone tried the Lane Bryant nursing bra?  Their website only lists one bra in the nursing section.http://cacique.lanebryant.com/full-figure-bras/nursing-bras/15023c17639/index.cat

I've never worn anything but padded pushup bras with underwires.  Lol, I Iike cleavage and I think I look fatter without it.  But I know that won't be very practical for nursing.  This bra looks comfortable and it fits a range of sizes, so I think it's a practical choice.  But I'm worried how it will look under clothes.  Anyone tried it?  Is it supportive?  I want a bra that helps me have curves, not something that makes my boobs get pushed down flat or saggy. 

I'm thinking if I buy it and hate it, I can still sleep in it.  I normally don't sleep in a bra.  But I'll need to sleep in one while nursing, right?

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

Community Leader
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 10:53am
I hear you on wearing underwire bras! I'm petite and have a 38 DDD rack, so support is a huge thing for me. I can't be going around in some barely holds em in, flimsy thing or I'll be uncomfortable.

http://www.biggerbras.com/

I haven't ever tried the Lane Bryant bras. I do use this website though, to buy underwire bathing suits in the summers. They have a pretty good number of nursing bras of all types/sizes and many underwire varieties. I ordered two of the Anita brand bras - one underwire and one not (the tshirt bra) and will see how they work.

Actually though, I browsed the brands/styles on that website and ended up ordering then through Amazon instead. I like to support that other company, but for this I wanted the fast shipping/turnaround if they need to be returned.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-07-2012 - 6:39pm

I'm big even while not full of milk.There is not much selection here for plus sized girls, and no plus sized nursing bras,at least where I have looked. I read about someone making nursing bras and googled it. Homemeade nursing bra,how to make nursing bra etc.. and there are instructions how to use a regular bra and with a few cuts and stitches make it into nursing one.I;m thinking of giving it a try!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 11:24am

Wow, I can't imagine making one.  I'm crafty, but that's a bit too crafty for me.  But that's probably because I only by $40+ cleavage enhancing bras.  I don't think they'd translate into a nursing bra well.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 12:01pm
:-) I think I saw Bravados at GAP online, too - so you must be able to use membership coupons and codes for them as well.

- JM

Community Leader
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 8:47am

On some nursing bras the whole cup folds down to nurse, and there isn't like, a frame, if you will around your boob. Does that make sense? Here, wait, let me post pics of what I mean:

Some of them though, don't have that frame thing.  The strap unclips from the cup and the whole cup folds down, leaving the strap free on you shoulder and nothing on your boob at all.  I was thinking it wouldn't be that hard to turn a regular bra into that type, provided it didn't have too much stiff padding (so, the cup could be folded down.)  I was actually going to try it with an old bra of mine and see if I could get it to work.  The two Anita nursing bras I bought aren't bad.  Definitely worth the money, but they have a different fit than what I'm used to and if I can sacrifice some old bras to the cause by cutting the strap and adding bra style hooks or maybe bathing suit hooks and have it work, that'd be awesome.  I'd even buy some new ones and convert them once I had the hang of it.

God knows on bedrest I don't have much else to do!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket