Little Man is going to kick his way out!

iVillage Member
Little Man is going to kick his way out!
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 6:49pm

Anyone else feel like they are a human punching bag?? LOL! This little guy has his foot permanently shoved in my right side and does these massive rolls where my whole belly looks like an alien can bust out any minute. Not to mention sometimes when he moves I get a sharp pain in my low abdomen.

37 weeks and I am ready for him to say "Ok, I'm done baking." I had quite a few BH last night (and one strong one that lasted about a minute today) and DH kept staring at me asking if it was going to be tonight. It was really cute but kind of annoying too. This is his first so he is anxious. :smileyhappy:

Anyone else ready to get off this ride yet? :smileyhappy: Happy healthy babies are good but so are sane comfortable mamas. 

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 12:10am

Mine is moving higher and higher.  My ribs have no more room.  On the u/s it just looks bizarre.  This baby is sitting with his bottom on my right hip, sitting straight up with his head under my far right ribs.  He's not centered at all!  He's facing sideways toward my belly button and kicks and punches sideways, mostly up toward my ribs.  I have a hard time sitting up after lying down, because there is just too much baby under my ribs for me to curl up.  Can't wait for this to be over so I can take a deep breath again!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 4:06am
All of that. She snuggles both low or high depending on her mood - sometimes straight out or even stretching so she presses hands against hips and feet against ribs for leverage. She pulls on my bellybutton to "navigate" where she wants to go. I wake up and find the area bruised blue sometimes! She also likes to turn based on what side I lay on - she prefers her back towards gravity, I guess. It's still cute when she presses her feet or fists, though - I've been actually able to give them a squeeze since they're sticking so far out. (Think golf ball and baseball size lumps. Lol)

So yes - I can definitely relate. Thank God DH's hand works like some kind of "off" button. It makes her still and fall asleep. We just need to work on him not letting it slip off my tummy every two minutes at 3 am. And I wonder what's wrong with MY hand.... Hmph.

- JM

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:09am
I have a butt wedged into my ribs and a head wedged under my pelvic bone. The hands are tapping my cervix, and feet way off on my left side. This one must have foot-long legs!
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 7:21pm
my baby brought tears to my eyes today and i was paralyzed in pain. couldnt move cause any slight budge was excruciating. i had to have DH remove my pillow as i slid down and had to press down on my belly to force the baby to shift positions. ugh. awful. i am so ready for him to be out. he is too big. i remember my last 9.12lb baby did the same thing