My dogs ughhhh

iVillage Member
My dogs ughhhh
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:05pm
Sorry for another rant about my dogs, I love them dearly but they have been driving me crazy. I have two shih tzus they follow me all over the house. I get them groomed one a month they get lots f playtime and affection. So here goes my problem, hubby sometimes sleeps downstairs because I guess I hog the bed lol and sometimes he is too cold because the a/c is on. He will let the dogs sleep on the couch downstairs but ever morning the male dog pees in the same spot. I keep telling him NOT to let them downstairs the hav their own bed in the living room not to mention the fact that one of our dogs had a flea on him the day after he was groomed. I put all natural flea stuff and he is still itching and scratching so off I take them to the vet tomorrow, ugh. I wish they would just sleep in the living room on their cozy dog beds, as I sit here typing this they are sleeping on the couch downstairs snoring, ugh!! Sorry for the vent. My husband sick of hearing this..I just don't know why it aggravates me so much. Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:11pm

Too bad your hubby won't listen.  Can you put up baby gates to keep the dogs out and be a visible reminder to him?  Hopefully he comes to your side soon, it would be awful to be cleaning dog pee every day.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:39pm
Thanks Hun. It seems like such a petty thing but they have been driving me crazy for awhile now, I dont have the patience, they do what they want and never listen . Did I mention that the boy dog will cry and whimper after he has had his walk in the morning when we are all in bed, ugh!! Wish my in laws could take them for awhile.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:39pm
How are you feeling??
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:16am

Feeling the same as always.  Just hanging in there.  It was easier when the doctors said they'd schedule this baby, because I kind of had a countdown.  This wait and see approach drives me up the walls.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 8:38am
Sorry hon. I hope you are feeling better. You have been through so much, you deserve a break. You and baby are in my prayers. Keep us posted please
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:13am
I don't think the couch thing would bug me as much as the peeing. Is there any chance DH will start scrubbing it up, and make sure the scent is removed so he quits going in the same spot?
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:20am
Hi Liz, all of it aggravates me so much, ugh. Like after I got my dogs groomed one of them ended up with a flea on him. We cannot use chemicals so we put all natural oils that will repel fleas. I'm still planning on taking them to the vet. I am a neat clean freak so it's even more upsetting. Now I am paranoid what if we have an infestation fleas are so tiny, where to begin?
As for the peeing, my husband rented a rug cleaner. I hate rugs especially having allergies and dogs.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:33am
Rugs are terrible, and pee is the worst because it soaks down into the padding. If the dog can still smell it (even faintly), he'll keep peeing there.

If you've only seen one flea, I wouldn't panic about an infestation. If you see more, you can sprinkle boric acid on the carpet/furniture and then vacuum it up. It's all natural, so shouldn't cause any allergy issues.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:37am
Thanks so much hon. Great advice. My husband has used boric acid on the carpets before and it works great. I just need to chill out is all. We might try Stanley steamers since hubby is working so much and baby will be here next week, eeek!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:50am
We battled fleas. We had indoor cats, but we brought the nasty buggers in walking through grass that was infested. It was horrible.

Stanley Steamers does GREAT work! My aunt bought a house that had carpet that reeked of cat pee and they got all the smell out. :smileyhappy:

Holy cow! I can't believe your c-section is next week!!!

Pages