The pelvic pain is almost non existent

iVillage Member
The pelvic pain is almost non existent
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 5:24am

My severe pelvic pain is almost gone, the sharp stabby pain that makes me cry when I walk is gone.  Still aches if i sit too long, or move too much, so I am trying to stay within a happy medium, but no sharp stabby feels like my leg is being ripped off pains.  Actually makes me think I can survive the next 5 or so weeks.  Last week I was ready to beg the OB to induce me early because of the pain and the fact I was getting so down that I just didnt want to do it anymore, I would have done anything to have it over and done with.

I still have the carpal tunnel, but I have a wrist brace for that which is making it bearable.  And the insane itchies arent there anymore, still waiting on the blood test results for the cholestasis, but I am pretty confident thats not the issue and it may have been an allergic reaction to the antibiotics I was on.  My hands arent constantly swollen anymore, flares up when I am sleeping, which in turn aggrevates the carpal tunnel, but eh.  And I am now having BH everytime I move which is uncomfortable, but not overly painful.

So I think I have replaced most of the physical pain with the growing realisation that we are going to have another baby in a few weeks and I will go back to to dealing with everything that goes with a new baby, the sleepless nights and all the rest and think were we thinking.  And all that with a 4 year old aswell.

Oh well, one more week of work left, and then I will have time to mentally prepare I think. Or go insane, not sure yet.  Hehe.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 8:32am

I'm glad you're feeling better.  All those negative symptoms can really make you depressed.  It's easier to get excited when you feel better.  I know how you feel about being tempted to beg for induction, lol, there are days I just think "I want this over now!"  Only a few more weeks though, you'll make it.  And you'll feel even better once you're off work.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 10:36am
Yay for getting some relief! I have no idea how I'll handle sleepless nights, so I don't really have an opinion on when I'd rather LO come. I hope this 'whatever' feeling is at least a sign I won't be a hover mother. I feel kind of guilty not being in a hurry for her to arrive!

- JM

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 10:49am

my pelvic pain has subsided in the ways you described too. I still have it in my sleep. once in a while i get the ligament pain going up my groing into stomache (stomache splitting in half feeling). I have mild carpal tunnel. I got it after my last son was born, not before like this time. I keep having to remind myself to sleep with my arms straight, not bent! Im sad cause I love to crochet, but its making it worse on my fingers. they become numb and unable to open my hands the next day when i wake up. :smileysad:  i have been practically nagging my doctors to let me have him earlier than 39 weeks (date of csection) no one will budge. Now, ive officially hit the "whatever" mindsest. I guess as time keeps getting closer, im starting to freak out! omg a baby will be here in less than a month! i know i dont sleep well now, but im not going to sleep at all now! aaahh! there's no turning back! so now im trying to enjoy life with 2 kids, not focusing on the new life with 3. im starting to get very nervous and anxious.... its overpowering my misery lol

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:28am
I thought my finger issues were from crochet, too, but it seems more related to not drinking enough. It totally feels like I broke all my fingers every morning - and since I got behind on water yesterday, I've had swollen, hurting hands all day. But yay for that pelvic pain going away!

- JM

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:30am
So glad you are feeling better! Isn't it amazing how much pain we have and when it's gone we can finally enjoy being pregnant?
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 12:00pm
Awesome that the pain is gone! It makes life so much more bearable, huh? :smileyhappy:
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 2:35pm

im glad your pain has subsided! i wish mine would i literally have to walk hunched over. And my hands/feet feel the same way!!! i can hardly bend them i feel like jammed them or something...and its only my right foot thats really really swollen but i dont think its from lack of water...i drink about 7-8 cups of ice water throughout the day! i pee all the time to tho..id be godo to go if the pelvic pain would go away tho!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers