Ugh

iVillage Member
Ugh
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 10:32am
Hi ladies, Looks like my dog has fleas again yay!! I cannot take more of this sh#}, seriously. We don't have carpet but I have no clue if we hav an infestation. We do hav carpet but it's downstairs where they are not allowed. I m going to have DH vacuum everywhere. I just don't need the stress of this righ now.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: summer_in_nyc
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 10:36am
I'm sorry :smileysad: Fleas are the pits!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:11pm

Time for you to give in and hire a professional.  It's about baby time, you shouldn't have to deal with fleas, too.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 1:21pm
Thanks hon. I can't because that means chemicals won't be good for our family or baby. Hubby cleaned and washed and vacuumed the carpet. He still has to do the couches yet. We are going to the vet to pick up advantix today. I just want to know that they are out of our house. They are invisible to the naked eye so it's hard to tell, very frustrating.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 2:16pm

aaahh! that sucks! i once had a flea infestation nightmare. I had a area carpet/rug bought from a garage sale. put it out on my back porch, cat went out there once and BAM! our house was completly infested. So bad that just walking in the house guaranteed 10 fleas to jump onto your socks, DS was crawling and would get fleas all over his head! I was living in an apt at the time and the complex refused to treat it cause their stuff was too strong for an infant in the household. (liability) i had to live at my moms for a month while i bombed the place 4 times! ugh!

and when my last DS was born, we had a fruit fly infestation! sucked so bad to come home from labor/delivery to fruit flies... you could literally count 10-20 on each wall. it was awful.

i feel your pain. i really hope it goes away soon i know you have your baby tuesday right??? omg i hope dh can solve it before you come home!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 9:42pm
Thanks so much. Omg so sorry for what you went through, awful awful :smileysad:
I have no idea if we've gotten all of them or not but we have vacuumed soo many times, keep bathing them and using neem oil and clove oil to repel them. Every time I see or hear my dogs scratch my heart drops. Since fleas are so tiny with the exception of baby fleas I have no idea if the problem has been solved. We also plan on treating our lawn for fleas. Yep, having my baby Tuesday... Ahh!