Yay for fall sales!

iVillage Member
Yay for fall sales!
Thu, 09-06-2012 - 9:22am
Any savings you're especially proud of? :-)

I've gotten busy crocheting while on bed rest, so after my appt today, I went to the yarn store to get some skeins I had seen on sale for around 50% off about 2 weeks ago - well, now all the skeins were marked down to 1 € (ca. $1.25) each, so I let myself buy all I could and spent 70€ saved just under 250€! Looks like most of LO's sweaters, hats and mittens will be handmade. I have a couple Christmas gifts in mind, too. Not sure if you can get a decent price in the US, but the Lana Grossa yarns (from Italy) are pretty awesome. I'm irritated by wool, so stocking up on the summer cottons was a huge bonus. ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 1:06am
I'm so proud of myself for buying things on sale. I've probably saved hundreds. My favourite deals were $45 off the car seat, $30 off bassinet, less than 1/2 price Bumbo seat (bought second hand), $100 off my double electric pump, 20% off my diaper bag, and 25% off a bottle warmer. I agree with bankerswife... I did most of my saving by shopping online for the best deals and patiently waiting for things to go on sale (and free shipping!). And I bought my furniture at Wal-Mart. None of it ever went on sale, but the prices were much more reasonable than BRU and I am very impressed with the quality. The best part of online shopping is everything is delivered to your door, so no dangerous heavy lifting.

I have invested a lot of time and energy in preparing to breastfeed this time around. I only made it a month and a half the first time, and I'm really hoping to do much better this time, and last much longer. I figure that will help save money in the long run. I'm not too crafty, so making my own clothes probably isn't going to happen, but I have all my clothes leftover from DS#1!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 12:21pm
Wow! I'll have to keep an eye out for sales - we haven't bought much, but I've only seen one or two minor sales on baby stuff. I did save tons on maternity sales, though. I really have tons of time for crocheting in bed, so she already has 5 sweaters in different sizes, 3 hats and two pairs of booties. I just need to add buttons! Lol. And crocheting baby clothes goes soooo much faster than blankets, so it's not as easy to get bored. ;-)

- JM