TEEN MOM

iVillage Member
TEEN MOM
Sat, 02-25-2012 - 8:36pm

I like the show "Teen Mom", don't ask me why lol...it's like a car wreck you don't want to watch but you have to.

I think I have read that a few of you watch it as well .

There is this commercial they play during the show that drives me nuts.It is for Jamster cell phone games . There is this "game" that if you text your name and your boyfriends name it will send you back "your perfect baby name"

This is absurd!!!This show is geared to teens showing the struggles and hardships of teen pregnancy and teen motherhood. Then there is this commercial glorifying and romanticizing having a baby.Sickening.....:smileyfrustrated:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: kaydeebee80
Sat, 02-25-2012 - 9:32pm

I 100% agree. I've seen that commercial and was shocked.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 6:47am
They should show the first trimester. Nothing glamorous there. lol

I was even a bit put off that they had Pampers commercials and such.

- JM

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 3:03pm
I totally agree with the Pampers commercials. Totally bugs me. They don't show the concerns about buying clothes and stuff the baby needs either. Some of these girl have more stuff for their babies than I had with my first two and I was a grown up married adult! Ugh!

My husband and I have joked that we should make a pregnancy documentary, because I get every nasty side effect out there from frequent vomiting to constipation, gas, etc.. lol just seeing how UN-glamorous pregnancy can be should turn away a lot of potential Teen Moms.. lol and maybe the rest of civilization as well... pregnancy does NOT like me.
Melissa

pregnancy week by week

Mom of 2 with one on the way!

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-26-2012 - 6:54pm

i like the first teen mom... the teen mom 2 is awful! especially janelle! aaagghh! garbage!!
I didnt know about all the low income housing stuff!! i remember being PISSED off in two episodes where 2 different girls found some kick ass houses for like $1000+ in rent! I cant even afford that and teem moms can!?

on another note, teen pregnancy rates have actually dropped this year. not sure if its related....