iVillage Member
Circumcision??Yay or Nay?
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 3:06pm

my 2 older boys are...my 3rd boy is NOT.Thats how we found out with my second

babies

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 3:38pm

we did our son we will again if we have another boy...but i agree its totally up to you

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:17pm
DH is European so... no. ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 1:02pm

My son is, and the next one will be too.

I've heard condoms are tougher to use for males that are not. I was

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 10:47am
Both our boys are and we will do it again with any future sons. I absolutely agree that every family has to make the choice that is right for them.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 1:59pm

I don't feel my kids will be "odd".I'm hoping no one will be comparing their penis' in school ...or anywhere else!!! To me,THAT would be odd!lolNowadays,not being circ'd is actually a lot more common than it used to be.My older boys that ARE circ'd have never said one thing about my youngest not being cir'd:)

I always hear ppl saying about the kids daddy being or not being circ'd as well.My kids and their daddy have never discussed that one either.DH is circ'd by the way.....

On both sides of the issue,as with anything....research on your own and make EITHER decision bc there is always misinformation on BOTH sides :)

ETA...i am by no means a not circ pusher!!!! lol

babies
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 9:34am

neither of my boys are circumsised. I was going to do it with the first and my mom talked me out of it. When she had me, she said her postlabor room was right next to the circumsision room! she said the whole time all she heard were the babies screaming their hearts out! I also watched a video of it being done which definately gave me perspective!

i researched my heart out and realized that insurance doesnt even cover it anymore because it is considered not medically needed, and it is now a cosmetic procedure. We are not jewish either. I even asked my guy friends and the ones who are 'not', said they love it

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 1:03pm
yep yep.Thats true about they experience more sexual feeling bc they are intact.Circ'd ones,the nerves are exposed continuously and rubbing underwear,etc so it takes some of the feeling away.Although you won't hear a cir'd dude complaining about sex though!!!lmao...and will never know anyway.

Yes,it's COSMETIC.I do know it was going around a while back about insurance not paying for it also bc like you said...it's not medically needed.

I'm sure there is more circ'd than not still BUT not being circ'd is def becoming more of the "norm" now...
babies
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:05pm

We live in Ohio. My son was born on

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 2:37pm
the insurance thing is something newish...like in the last couple years.I remember reading about it with elijah and he's almost 3 and I think they were just then thinking about stopping paying for it.Maybe it was something I got in the mail from our insurance...like when they update things.I'm pretty sure thats where I saw it! lol Either way it was recent,as like in the last 3 years! It's still prob not all insurances anyway though.
babies
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 4:03am
My dh was a preemie & they ended up not circumcising him. He hates it & has considered it as an adult. He did get made fun of in gym class as a kid because he & 1 other kid were the only ones not. Additionally, condoms do roll up on him because of the in/out action & his foreskin going back & forth. I will say, though, that he does seem to be a bit more sensitive than my previous partners who weren't circumcised. At any rate, just my two cents.

Photobucket<

Pages