Co-sleeping?

iVillage Member
Co-sleeping?
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 9:51pm

I know this can be a touchy subject for some....

I have co-slept with all of mine so far.....as in,in the bed right beside me.i'm a super light sleeper and just feel more comfortable that way :)

babies

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-18-2012 - 10:38pm
I believe each person should make their own decision on the topic and it isn't my place to condem anyone for it. I had a bassinet with both of my girls. Dd1 didn't bf but dd2 did bf. I fell asleep once in a while with her in bed and it was very comfortable but I was worried I would pass out from exhaustion and sleep way too hard so I limited the time that she was with me in bed. But there is nothing like the comfort of having your little love right next to you!
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 12:04am
I've co-slept with each of mine for a period of time. Some it was longer, some not very long, just depended on their sleeping preferences. Kennedy was always more comfy with his own space, so I co-slept with him very seldomly but Paeton was very snuggly so he still sleeps with me sometimes if Lily isn't in my bed. To each their own. :)
My integrity hasbeen questioned and I've been accused of lying. I shouldn't have shared so much of myself online, I just got too excited. This is goodbye.
*Charlotte

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 1:25pm

I co-slept with both.

DD had reflux problems and was up all night.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 1:48pm

we didnt co-sleep at all.....ds was in a bassinet until about 6 weeks and then he went to the crib from then on and we have NEVER had a problem....and ill do the same thing with this child. i know its to each her own but i just dont letting kids sleep with you that long. especially when it becomes a problem later. please dont take this as judging its just how i feel about it...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-19-2012 - 9:50pm
My step-mom co-slept with my little sister,but didn't/wouldn't draw a line. The result? My dad slept in a recliner for 12 years and eventually they split up. It horrified me and I am determined to not let something like that happen. In addition, I would prefer to NOT co-sleep because I am a DEEP sleeper and the thought of something happening terrifies me.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 5:31am
I plan to use a travel crib with raised bottom til baby gets a routine.

We should be getting the upstairs apt for bedrooms by then, so we'd be next door to the baby's room by that time. Right now our only two rooms (one is actually dining room) are on opposite ends of a good-sized house.

- JM

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-20-2012 - 9:48am
I never thought I would be a co-sleeper. The original plan was to have Peter in the cradle by my bed for the first little while, then transition him to a crib in our room. The bedrooms are on opposite sides of the house.

The first night home, DH asked that we keep him in our bed for just that night. He's been there ever since. We started off in a full-size bed, but quickly outgrew it. Now we have a king with a bed rail. We figure we can fit at least one, maybe two more kids in it before we get too crowded.

There are guidelines that you really need to follow for safe co-sleeping. I'm also anti- co-sleeping if it means dad sleeps in a different room.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 3:27pm
I've coslept with both of my kids, but no necessarily by choice--it's the only way either of my stinkers would sleep-DH and I seem to only produce snuggly insomniacs! I don't enjoy it because it makes my back hurt, but I prefer it to getting up every 45 minutes. We have a cosleeper crib that attaches to our bed, and that's where my daughter starts out every night, but after her first waking, it's hard to get her back in there--and my son was the same way.. Once my son was STTN, we were able to transition him pretty easily into the crib by himself. I don't anticipate it being any different with my daughter. At the same time though, if this baby magically sleeps by him/herself in the crib, I won't be pulling him/her into bed with us:)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 7:57pm
What is STTN?

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 8:52pm
Sleeping Through The Night:)

Pages