Pupps rash

iVillage Member
Pupps rash
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 9:24am
Ugh. I hope I am not getting pupps again. A few days ago I noticed a couple of small dots on my stomach where my stretch marks are. I had such a bad case of it when I has my daughter Danielle seven years ago. I mean it was all over my entire body one of the worst cases they have seen. The rash went from my stomach to my legs spread like wildfire in days. There is no cure and they steroids they had me on was a joke. My case was so bad I ended up being induced three weeks early. I'm so scared to go through this again.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 2:23pm

OH NO....i hope it stays at bay until the end of the pregnancy!!!!! i had it with jacob but only on my stomach. the only problem im having now is itchy boobs...like making sores on my boobs...im gonna get a really good itch cream from my dr....and i hope its gone by the time the baby gets here

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 6:06pm
Thanks hon. I hope soo too. I just bought peppermint soap and am not scratching. Sorry you had it with Jacob. Try Dr bronner peppermint soap and try and take cool showers. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
In reply to: nvywf4lf
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:06pm

i have to take cool showers or i get light headed....ill have to try that soap...DH will love the smell! lol glad its helping with the itching.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 8:51am

Same here with cool showers. Thankfully it is still Summer or else I would freeze. I must have scratched my stomach in my sleep and it spread :smileysad: I put aveeno lotion around 2am and it feels better, ugh. Hope I only get it on my stomach this time.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cavenyee
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 4:52pm
Praying it isn't pupps! I know how miserable it is to itch constantly.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 5:13pm
Hi liz, Thanks so much. I bought aveeno cream and peppermint soap. My stomach is itching like crazy and I am trying my best not to scratch. I am pretty sure its pupps because I cant imagine its a heat rash. Pupps always starts on the belly. I found two small spots on my legs and I am not scratching. Sigh :smileysad:
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:48am
That is no good. I hope it doesn't progress like it did with your previous pregnancy. Boo....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:20am
Thanks Christy. I am really scared. The peppermint soap has been helping I am just scared it will spread like it did before. Fingers crossed.
iVillage Member
In reply to: cavenyee
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:06pm
I really hope it disappears for you soon! I'm experiencing an eczema flare and hoping it chills out soon. Skin issues are so hard for people to understand.

If it gets so bad you HAVE to scratch, try rubbing with a dry clean washcloth. It helps, but doesn't rip the skin like fingers will.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:18pm
Hi Liz, Thank you. Yes, I agree. I saw several dermatologists the first time I had it and my obgyn and both had never seen or heard of pupps and didn't know how to treat it. I was shocked and I turned to the internet for advice from Moms that had experienced it too and was so happy I did. Sorry you are experiencing a flare up of eczema. :smileysad: What is the treatment for it and does it work? My Mom has it too. Yes, I freeze a washcloth and it helps. Also peppermint soap and getting a little bit of sun (not too much) helps. Doctors think pupps is associated with an overtaxed liver during pregnancy. I am staying away from processed foods and drinking a lot of water with lemon. The first time I had it I was prescribed steriods which ended up making my face swell really big and it ended up making it worse. I also ended up having it on my arms legs, chest, breasts. It was my worst nightmare.

Pages