Pupps rash

iVillage Member
Pupps rash
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 9:24am
Ugh. I hope I am not getting pupps again. A few days ago I noticed a couple of small dots on my stomach where my stretch marks are. I had such a bad case of it when I has my daughter Danielle seven years ago. I mean it was all over my entire body one of the worst cases they have seen. The rash went from my stomach to my legs spread like wildfire in days. There is no cure and they steroids they had me on was a joke. My case was so bad I ended up being induced three weeks early. I'm so scared to go through this again.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: cavenyee
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:22pm
I can use steroids, but prefer not to. Usually it will calm after a month or so. This time it's on the back of my arm right at my armpit, so I'm assuming I got too hot one day. That, and the seasons changing. In college, my eyelids would swell, or my entire back would break out. I avoid anything with scents because of it, as well as nickel.

Steroids are terrible. Shudder.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 3:44pm
Sorry. Sounds like you suffered while you were in college. :smileysad:
I am the same way with anything scented. Everything I use is for sensitive skin and fragrance free.
Yes steriods are the devil!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 1:32am
Don't forget the Eucerin anti-itch spray. I'm praying it doesn't spread! I've had severe eczema in the past, but pupps sounds worse. Try to stay positive - I think stress plays a role for this kind of stuff, too. I traced the eczema back to stress and an undiagnosed nickel allergy. Also, maybe you figured out some things last time that will help give you relief earlier on this time? That's got to make it easier somehow. Hang in there!

- JM

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 6:26am
Hi. Thanks so much. It is such a nightmare. I have been praying it doesnt spread either. When I was pregnant with my daughter it was soo awful. I need to find the pictures and upload them. I felt like it took away the joy of having a newborn. I asked my obgyn in the beginning of this pregnancy if I am likely to get it again and he said no guarantees. I will try eucerin anti itch spray. Its just such a crazy God awful rash. I also read somewhere online that puppps is linked to high hormone levels. There were several women that were unable to continue breastfeeding because breastfeeding kept hormone levels up. We shall see..
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 10:14pm

so i think im getting a little pupps on my belly again...right under my belly button...i cant kind feel this little bubble thing under my skin...its only about 2 inches around but it itches like crazy and its kinda numb so scratching doesnt even really do anything...tho i try not to scratch it. because i know how my skin reacted last time! and my feet are super swollen and kinda numb feeling also i can barely wiggle my toes....that comes and goes...should i call the dr about it? im not sure if its a sign of something else going on?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-01-2012 - 9:41am
Ugh I have tiny bumps all over my belly it is only on my belly but has spread it itches and sometimes my skin burns. My obgyn did a blood test to check for cholestasis. I am 100 percent sure it's pupps. I pray it doesn't spread I had a bad case last time :smileysad: peppermint soap has helped dry out he rash and help the itch. My toes and fingersvare swollen too I have arthritis in my fingers. When you see your ob tell him or her about it. Hope it doesn't spread or get worse for you.
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 2:34pm
How is the rash?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 7:07pm
Hello! It is not getting any worse but not really getting better. I am just happy I don't have it all over like I did with my first pregnancy. I saw a dermatologist two days ago and she prescribed a hydrocortisone cream and a mild steroid cream. I looked both creams up and they are both rated category C so I am going to old off on filling the scripts. I have been taking cool showers and using peppermint oil soap it helps dry the rash. I hate the way my stomach looks ugh. I am hoping it goes away before baby is born. Thanks for thinking of me! :smileyhappy: Monica
iVillage Member
In reply to: esme1224
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 8:57pm
Glad it's not getting any worse. You're at the end now, not much longer!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 8:20am
That's awesome that you've got the situation stabilized enough to worry about cosmetic effects! But here's to that itching going completely away real soon. Sept 26, right? :-)

- JM