so..just called the dctr and the heartbeat is too low:(

iVillage Member
so..just called the dctr and the heartbeat is too low:(
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:37pm

I've been worried since i posted that about the heart rate and seeing everybody elses high numbers so i called the doctor today to hopefully ease my mind but nope...the nurse did say it was too low and thats why they were going to do an u/s again when i came back...in FIVE weeks!!!!! I told her could they not do blood work or SOMETHING,that i could NOT wait five whole weeks to see if baby was going to make it or not!! She's going to pass all this to the doctor and see what she says.I mean,five weeks is a long time to have to wait under the circumstance in my opinion! So,even though we saw the little heartbeat i'm a high risk of having a m/c:( I thought the u/s would be reassuring but now i'm back in the same boat as before it:(

babies

Pages

iVillage Member
I'm offering you the biggest hug. I've been there, if you look at my posts from the January EC... It was a 16 week struggle of a rollercoaster, up and down.

I'll spare you all the details but know I'm praying for you and my heart goes out to you. I'm hoping your maybe just a little behind on your dates or have a slightly slower growing bean.
Melissa

pregnancy week by week

Mom of 2 with one on the way!

iVillage Member
And honestly, if you want my opinion.. wait the 5 weeks. Your answer will be much more certain by then. We went in for U/S every week, and each U/S was a different story, and it broke my heart even more when the answer was finally that there was no heart rate anymore. Watching it go down week by week was devastating. And stay off google. Seriously. You'll just upset yourself more for something only G-d has control of. All the best, keep us posted.
Melissa

pregnancy week by week

iVillage Member
my dates were right and the u/s confirmed that.Some places i can find say i'm in the good range...others...no.Dang google!!!! They never said anything at my doctors appt! If i HADN"T googled...i would have thought everything was fine!!
babies
iVillage Member

I'm in the same situation. Our ultrasound at 7w1d had a heartrate ranging from 105-108.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
I've been "banned" from google this pregnancy :) BUT if it makes you feel any better, the older doc who told me not to panic with the low heart rate said he's seen plenty of situations that were similar and turned out happy healthy babies. :) So, get off google, and try to breathe easy.
Melissa

pregnancy week by week

iVillage Member
i didn't know that or don't remember reading that anyway!! Not good but good that i have somebody going through this with me! I don't know why they didn't say anything to begin with?? I mean,its my baby and i want to know if something could be wrong!!! I kinda thought something when the u/s lady said we'll do another u/s next time to see if it goes up then i asked the ppl taking blood about another u/s and she was like "no,you don't get another until the anatomy scan". I guess i just wasn't thinking to ask since I had one of the littles with me.I'll be 12 weeks to when i go back.Thats just too long under the circumstances!! I don't want to go around thinking I'm still preggo and the baby be gone for that long! That happened with my first m/c.I went for a u/s and the baby had died 3 WEEKS prior.No bleeding,no NOTHING:( I read that each week the heart rate goes up so why wait the entire 5 weeks?!!
Did the midwife say anything else besides it was too low?
babies
iVillage Member
I am sorry about all this. I hope your baby is just fine. I am surprised they don't want you to come in sooner. Please keep us posted.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

((HUGS))

Photobucket

iVillage Member

No, she didn't say anything else.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
i'm hoping my doctor will call tomorrow bc i'll keep calling until they do something! Although if its not meant to be then its just not....i just want to know.Maybe its not THAT low that they were overly concerned OR its just bc its early and nothing they can do I guess....
Its amazing how much these ekiddos cause us to worry...even before they are here!!!
babies

Pages