Baby clothes from m/c

iVillage Member
Baby clothes from m/c
Sat, 04-28-2012 - 7:26pm

I was pregnant in the fall, and bought some gender neutral sleepers and onesies.  We miscarried before 8 weeks, and put the stuff in the back of the closet.  Now I'm wondering what to do with it.  DH says we should use it for the new baby.  We m/c so early that we hadn't done anything with the clothes yet or showed them to anyone.  And they are gorgeous.  But I don't know... We know the gender of our new baby, so everything I'm buying is blue.  In October, I'll know the blue clothes were bought for the new baby, and the yellow clothes were bought for the first baby.  I'm worried it will make me sad.

Any thoughts? 

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-29-2012 - 7:04am
I think once your baby is here you'll be ok in whatever he wears! But I do understand the emotional attachment to those. If you aren't comfortable maybe you could save them for a yard sale or gift them to come one else you know?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-29-2012 - 7:11am

Sounds like a hard decision and also a very personal one. If it were me I would see how I feel about it when the baby is here. Wish I could give you more sound advice.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers