Groin pain anyone?

iVillage Member
Groin pain anyone?
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 12:26am
For the last couple of weeks I've had this major ache in the groin after I've slept or not moved for awhile. I don't notice it until I start to move and then its a killer! Im not sure how to describe it but I feel like my crotch had a workout :smileyhappy: Anyone else have this? I think its getting worse rather than better.
 BabyFruit Ticker

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 6:59am
Yup. Ugh, I have it and I hate it! It's the worst when I've been laying down. I have it terribly when I wake up to pee at night & when I wake up in the morning. It's like my whole crotch is all stiff and sore and sometimes has shooting pains until I walk around and get it moving! It's a weird feeling.

I've found that sleeping with a pillow between my knees has helped a lot. Before I started doing that the pain was worse and a lot of times my hips and lower back would hurt too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:59am

man oh man! i have this too its awful! i think its just the muscles stretching for birth....but damn heh. i can barely lift my legs sometimes and yes its worse when i have to get u at night to pee and first thing in the am. and when i roll over my hips pop so loud im surprised DH doesnt wake up...but after they pop i feel sooooo much better. sometimes if i take a tylenol before i go to bed its not quite as bad but it never really goes away...and i have a feeling once baby drops it will be worse before it gets better lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:06am

I think the pain is the weight of the baby pressing down.  So, yeah, it can only get worse.  Some days I arch my back with my arms over my head, just trying to make a little more room in my abdomen to get the pressure off.  My baby is diagonal, with his butt bearing down on my right hip, so my pain is lopsided toward the right.  I really hope he moves into a better position soon. 

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:20pm
I had SPD around 14 weeks until just recently. I couldn't lift my legs to get dressed because my groin hurt SO bad! We got a 4 inch thick memory foam topper for the mattress, and I sleep with a pillow between my knees. Those 2 things really helped. I found that I was the most sore after laying down. It probably won't get much better because our hips are spreading in preparation for birth. I've had relief with the changes to our bed, but I know it will come back with a vengeance the closer to term I get.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 10:04pm
yeah, hate to say it but it will get worse and my doctor says it will not go away until baby is born. I cant lift my legs, laying down makes it worse, standing long hours at work makes it worse... havent been able to work out in months. it also spreads up into my stomach and feels like my stomach is splitting open! turning over in bed even cause agony (guess cause im lifting my leg to turn to other side)
the round ligaments spread from your groin all the way up into you stomach.
you're lucky it just started! ive been in misery for months now :smileysad: the doctor suggested a pelvic belt, but i have yet to get one.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:38pm
Thanks everyone for your posts.... I don't feel so alone in this anymore. You'd think with this being kid #7 that I would have had it before, guess I've just been lucky.
I looked it up last night and found a bunch of info on SPD (thats what its called). Something I read said to make sure your legs stay "glued" together when you roll over in bed at night and that helps. I tried that last night and sure enough it wasn't near as painful. I also read not to give birth laying on your back because it could aggrivate it more and cause you to have it longer after delivery. Not sure about that one but I plan on talking to my Dr. about it on Friday
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 3:46am
Wow. This makes me actually prefer the rib pain I get! The next closest pain would be when LO decides to repeatedly kick my hip ligaments. I don't think she's going to leave stretching or making room up to nature - she seems to be stretching me out manually in all directions!

- JM

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 10:28pm
YEP> TONS. I hate it!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 2:57pm
Okay, so why is it that so many of us have this issue but when I mentioned it to my Dr. on Friday I got a weird look like I was crazy and a bunch of irrelevant questions? Sometimes I swear I could be a Dr. All you have to say is "thats normal, just something you have to deal with till the baby comes"
I mean, come on..... aside from the delivery (and maybe the 1st appt.) I'm pretty sure I could do what they do. Grrrrr.... its a venting day for me I guess!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 1:30pm

The last doctor comment cracks me up.  Everytime I mention a new symptom to my midwife, she gets a shocked face and gets really surprised. 

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

Pages