Grossness :)

iVillage Member
Grossness :)
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 8:32pm

Has anyone lost their mucous plug yet? I am about 85% sure I lost part of mine yesterday and another part today. Grossest thing EVER! I dont recall seeing it with my DS but I may have. I know it can regenerate though so Im not too terrible worried but I've been on bedrest because of contractions for a week now. Hope this kiddo holds off at least another 3-4 weeks!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:24pm
I don't think so. I don't remember losing it with my first either but I was induced and had her when I was 37 weeks.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:32pm
I lost my piug with DD at 34 weeks, too. It definitely regenerated because when I went into labor at 39 weeks there was more mucous than I have seen in my life! It just keep coming! I hope your babe comes when you want him/her, but just think, if he/she comes in 2 weeks, it will be safe! Eeeek!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:23am

I've got no experience with that.  Both my babies were induced, and I didn't see anything.  But I do remember a lady complaining that she thought she'd lost hers weeks ago, and her kid was overdue, and she was ready for him to come out already.  So I think you can lose it early.  Hopefully the contractions slow down and you can get off of bedrest.  It's hard to care for other kids when you're stuck laying around.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:35am
I've lost mine before in other pregnancies. One time is was almost a month before the baby came and was just like you described.... tons and gross! Hopefully you can make it at least a couple more wks. Good luck!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 2:31pm
Thread crasher from Nov 12 EC here. With my first, I lost my plug at 32 weeks and delivered via induction at almost 37 weeks. With my second, I lost the plug at 38 weeks and delivered a week later. I think it's just "one of those things!"

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 8:00pm
Thanks ladies for the replies! Thankfully my DS is in daycare full time so I can really be on bedrest during the day. His daycare is on the army base my DH works on so I don't even have to take him :smileyhappy: Contractions tend to slow down while resting of course but the minute I get up to eat, straighten something up, etc they start again.

I am REALLY hoping to make it to at least 38 weeks. DS was born at 37 and wasn't mature so spent almost two weeks in the NICU. I am terrified of that happening again so anytime after Sept 19th would be ideal. We shall see. Does anyone else seem to think they could go early?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: cavenyee
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 9:26am
It can definitely reginerate, so nothing too worrisome. Just icky.

I went early and fast last time, so my midwives are planning for the same thing again. My goal is to make it to October. Peter was 37w6d and 6.5 hours of labor (which would have been faster had he not gotten stuck on my untorn hymen). We had a lot of weight gain issues and such.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg