Migraine

iVillage Member
Migraine
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 5:09pm
Ugh, my migraines are back with a vengeance. I went swimming this afternoon and then it started. I took Tylenol three hours ago. I have also been napping in the afternoons except for today was afraid napping would make my migraine worse. I wanted to take my daughter to the library but that didn't happen. I am drinking Coke to see if the caffeine helps. My two dogs as much as I love them are being rambunctious and driving me crazy today. My daughters Summer camp ended yesterday. I want to enroll her in something that won't break the bank, she is turning seven next month. Thanks for listening. Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 5:50pm
I am sorry you are having another migraine. That sucks big time...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 6:05pm
Thank you Christy. It sucks. Wish it wasn't so hot and humid here :smileysad:
iVillage Member
In reply to: bankerswife
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 7:42pm

Sorry.  Sounds like you're trying everything.  Good luck with it.  As for your daughter - is there an art center near by?  Art and drama classes are usually cheaper than sports, although many art centers also offer affordable ballet 'for fun' (not competitive).  Just avoid the music, lol, daughter briefly studied with an opera teacher one time and trust me it would NOT help your headache.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 8:38pm
Thank you. Yes they offer art classes but they don't start until August. I'm not sure about drama classes. I know camps here are very pricey and all day. I prefer a half a day program. My daughter loves dance so I will be trying to enroll her in that. The teacher closes the door so the music is not that loud and I love how close is it to my house. :smileyhappy: I hate feeling sick and I just want her to have a fun Summer.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 1:41am
So here I am awake at 143am ugh. I went to the bathroom to pee and my room is cool and comfy but my head is still pounding. I feel like my head is a pressure cooker and it's going to explode. I am sitting at my kitchen table crying. I am worried. Just took two Tylenol, wish the pain would go away already. :smileysad:
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:42am
Good morning. I am feeling a little better today. I have a headache which I will gladly take over a migraine any day. I took two Tylenol when I woke up at 145 am with a tall glass of water and put an ice pack on my neck and head. It took me some time to fall back asleep and my daughter woke me up at 7am. I have to take her to gymnastics this morning and later we have plans to go out to dinner with friends so I plan on taking a short nap before we had out to dinner. I will also be calling my ob to find out if he can prescribe me something stronger than Tylenol that will be safe to take. Thank you for asking. :smileyhappy: Monica
iVillage Member
In reply to: bankerswife
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 10:02am

Poor thing.  Not sleeping has to make it worse.  I wonder if you could take something to help you sleep at night?  Prescription phenergan (the morning sickness drug) is safe, and it would knock you out, and so would certain allergy or cold medicines.  I'm not saying medicate like that every day, but a few hours sleep would probably help.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 12:14pm
Feel better soon. :-( Camp sounds like a great idea as long as it's not too much driving for you.

- JM

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 1:05pm
Hi! Awesome. Thank you. I will ask my ob about it. It does suck not being able to sleep and with a migraine on top of it.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 1:07pm
Thank you. Oh I love Ambien! My ob prescribed it to me when my father passed away. I will inquire about fiorcet. Thank you!

Pages