My poor belly button :(

iVillage Member
My poor belly button :(
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 4:50pm

It hurts sooo bad. There is a baby body part that is constantly pushing on it. It's stretched to the max, completely flat, and even looks bruised around it. Feels like Gwen is trying to escape from it. :smileysad: 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 5:07pm
oh no ouch, sorry :smileysad:
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 11:42pm
Mine doesn't hurt, but it's definitely disappearing. And if I push around the outside I can pop it right out. If I put my finger inside my belly button my baby will push/kick my finger. LOL. I love how active this baby is. Much more than my 1st. It's fun to feel all the movements (except when I'm trying to sleep!). I hope your baby stops beating up your belly button. Maybe she'll move positions soon as she starts running out of room and you'll get some relief!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 4:22am

Mine is not quite flat yet, but its getting there, and while she isnt constantly pushing at it or whatever it is that she does,when she does do it, its enough to cry out. It really does hurt so i feel your pain.  I quite often say out loud "umm, thats not how you go about escaping".  People at work think its funny. And then she starts kicking or pushing down low as though she heard me and is trying to get out the right way.  Only 11 weeks to go is what I keep telling myself

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 9:09am

My belly button has never popped, it's not even gotten fully flat.  The part of my belly that sticks out most is about 2 inches higher, so my navel ends up on the lower side of the big belly curve.  But the part that sticks out farthest definitely hurts with the skin stretching!  Maybe try an ice pack?

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 9:39am
Mine is working it's way to flat, but isn't uncomfortable. The ligaments right above it, otoh, are killing me. I can no longer do anything except walk without stabbing pains that last for hours. So lovely, since the dog will only let me walk her.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 5:19pm

mine is almost completely flat. and its so funny to me b/c it wasnt with Jacob! lol but its hurts like hell right above it as well...and i can only walk also...if even that most of the time! it hurts just to try and stand up. and then while im standing she stretches it makes me wanna cry out..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 3:32pm
Depends on Valerie's mood. It's flat if she lays sideways facing in. It's blue and hurts if she plays punching/kicking bag with it. Like last night. Most of the time, though, she thinks it's her toy and pulls it in very deep. She's been doing that for months now. At first I thought I was imagining things. Lol. I guess she was listening when I asked her to not let mine pop out? ;-)

- JM