Not sure if i did something

iVillage Member
Not sure if i did something
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 4:40pm

So this morning on the way out of church walking to the car i tripped on the curb and caught all my weight on my left foot and instantly felt a sharp pain on the left side of my crotch area....but i could still walk and this was at like 1130ish.. and now its 430 in the afternoon and i can hardly walk and i constantly have the urge to pee but when i go its just a little trickle if anything. and i also feel like i need to have a bowel movement and but nothing.....i have to walk hunched over and put all my weight on my arms and lean on the furniture....i took one tylenol to see if that would help but i just took it so it hasnt kicked in yet...it almost brings me to tears! I called DH about it and he was like um ok! so he was no help :smileysad: i dont want to spend the afternoon in L & D, because she is still moving and kicking fine but the pain is INSANE....i def DO NOT remember being in this much pain before contractions started with Jacob! im 50/50 about what to do...usually im a grin and bare it its part of being prego person but i mean the fact that i cant stand upright to walk is a little too much..but i dont want to hear DH B**** all afternoon if i want to go to l & d. UGH what to do...i cant just go lay down because of Jacob

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 3:36am
Great news! I didn't have a tub for over two years in one of my apartments, so I can totally relate to that. I actually bought a huge bucket and put bath oil and hot water in it in the shower to soak my feet after long work days. I even considered visiting MIL (we lived nearly two hours away then) just for a bath in her tub. Lol.

- JM

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 4:05pm

Glad you're feeling better.  And that's great that she's head down.  It sounds uncomfortable, but at least you know she's in the right position.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 3:56pm

it slowly went away...and i actually slept great last night! i found that i have to stay up til like 11 or 12 or it screws up my whole night! just laying there for hrs sucks! and i only got up a couple times and i had and OB appt this morning and completely forgot about it so it apparently wasnt that bad. and it does seem worse when ive been sitting for a while. seems ok now...and her movements never changed...still kicked the crap outta me! lol and dont have a bathtub!!! :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad: the bathroom thign i figured was her position she is head down now so i know thats it....it just makes for a long day/night when i KNOW i have to go and then cant until like 3 am! lol UGH so close i just need to hang on! lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 9:07am
I did the same thing walking the dogs a few weeks ago; the pain went away after about 3 days. As for the bathroom issues, that sounds like baby's just in a funny position. I agree with L to try leaning forward or backward when using the bathroom.
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 2:27am

Sounds exactly like what I have been dealing with. Rest, pain killers and trips to the physio to help with pelvic floor exercises is what I have had to do.  Mine has been on the left side aswell.  Although not complete rest, I found that if i sat too long, it sometimes made it worse, as it would seize up and be more painful when I tried to move

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 7:47pm

I agree with the previous posts.  Sounds like a torn muscle or ligament.  You won't get any sleep at the hospital, so I'd try to get a good nights sleep at home first before you go in.  But if you can't stand the pain or it gets any worse I'd definitely go in.  They can give you good pain killers while you are there, and it sounds like you might need them.  Could you call your OB in the morning and request a pain killer?  (I know only some docs are willing to do that, but it's worth a shot.)  I think the trouble in the bathroom has to do with baby's position.  I read in one of my pregnancy books that sometimes baby shifts and it pinches the tubes or organs or something and makes it hard to go.  If that gets worse you'll definitely need to go to the doc, but hopefully leaning forward or lifting your belly or something will shift the baby enough that you can go.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 5:43pm
Sounds like you pulled your round ligaments. If you aren't bleeding and she's still moving great (do kick counts if you want!) I'd sit on my butt all night and try to get a goods night sleep before going to L&D. Take a warm bath right before bed to help loosen your muscles.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 5:01pm
Hey, I went to L&D today even though everything seemed fine once we were in the car - I at least found out I need to keep up the bed rest. If I had pain progressing like that, I wouldn't even think of not going. T&P and keep us posted! Maybe DH needs a nap.

- JM