weird dreams, not sleeping

iVillage Member
weird dreams, not sleeping
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 6:55am

Even with tons of pillows surrounding me and my daughter finallly sleeping in her own bed, I am not sleeping. My mind keeps going all night and I wish I could turn it off. My eyes are closed and I think about happy things but still can't sleep. I take a shower before bed to relax me and read for a little while, TV just keeps me up. I also am still getting leg cramps. I don't even mind getting up a million times to pee anymore, would just love to get a few hours of good sleep without having weird dreams. Also when  I move from my left side to my right it is difficult and sometimes hurts. For any of you who are sleeping please share what works for you. Thanks!!

Monica

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 9:12am
Tylenol PM. I've taken it several times with the permission from my ob. I still wake up to pee but I fall back asleep in no time and actually feel like I slept well. RLS was keeping me awake so much I was only getting about 2 hrs of total sleep a night.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 10:04am
rls is awful isn't it? Thank you. I will try it :smileyhappy:
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 10:24am
We can Courtney! At least my OB says we can lol. RLS is the WORST! I think it is the one pregnancy symptom I just can't take!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 2:12pm
I get rls most times than not, but I've started eating a banana and taking my prenatal before bed. I don't know if those things actually help, but the nights I do remember to do it, I don't get the rls. I have circulation problems in my legs anyway.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 3:09pm
Diffuse some lavender essential oil or put some on your pillow or on the bottoms of your feet
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 5:42am
DH rubbed mint oil on my feet, and that seemed to help my feet. I still haven't figured out how to stop hand pain/swelling overnight, but I pump and stretch my hands through the cramps when I wake up. Pillows do help to a certain extent, but sometimes I just have to roll over til the other side starts to hurt. And the crazy dreams have resumed for me too - only now the baby is in most of them. My yoga teacher said light sleeping now is the body getting ready to wake you up when baby cries, so it should be considered a good thing. The fact that baby seems to sleep soundly all day has me a little worried about her sleep schedule, though. At least DH is a night owl like she seems to be. :-P

- JM

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 5:19am
Valerie must be on the same shift as Lacey. ;-) At least she was too tired to kick the heart monitor as often as usual at my appt this morning at 8...

- JM