28 week appt today

iVillage Member
28 week appt today
Mon, 07-23-2012 - 5:23pm

I had my 28 week midwife appt and glucose test this morning.  When I got there only my midwife was in the office b/c the receptionist (who is also a licensed midwife) was at a home birth.  It was VERY relaxed.  Baby was transverse, which didn't bother DInah at all, but she started palying around and the baby turned breech, but by the time the appt was over she was head down again! She was moving and kicking all over the palce today.  We talked about my stress about going back to work teaching Kinder in a few weeks, I love that my midwife really listens to me.  I've only gained 4 lbs over my pp weight, which is strange, but she said my body is doing waht it needs to do, she reviewed my food diary and said it all looks good.  We laughed about my root beer craving 9which I can't stand normally, but for some reason I am craving root beer now) At the end og my appt she always has me choose a page in the pocket midwife book to read an affirmation, today it was "I choose healthy foods to nourish my body and my baby" which again got a chuckle after the root beer talk! I go back in 2 weeks and will see a new mw, since Dinah will be out of town in England.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 7:10pm
Lol about the root beer... I've been drinking a lot of diet Mug brand root beer over the last two weeks. :smileyhappy: it helped that it was on sale, $1/2L.

And yup - I think that Barqs is the only major brand in the US to have caffeine. I know Mug & A&W are both caffeine free.

Photobucket<

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 2:21pm
Oh I wish that was the price here! We paid roughly $3 - a can. 8-)

- JM