30w Midwife appointment

iVillage Member
30w Midwife appointment
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 3:31am

Had my midwife appointment today.  Explained the weird almost passing out feeling that I am getting even while sitting down, and she sent me off for blood tests to check liver function, kidneys, salt (?) and my iron levels.  She is going to make sure she gets the results asap and will call me in the morning with them.  She thinks its could be the anemia still, but wants to rule out anything else because I have been on the iron tablets for a few weeks, and aside from this weird feeling, everything else has improved.  She basically said the baby is doing well, but me not so much.  Lots of rest and fluids was the suggested course of action.  So glad she didnt just brush me off and wants to get things checked out.  Considering I had my gallbladder out last year, my liver may not be functioning as well as it should.  Fingers crossed that it is just the anemia still, if it has to be something.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 8:06am
I'm curious to hear the diagnosis as well. Thanks for keeping us posted!

- JM

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:18am

Glad she took your concerns seriously.  I hope it's nothing, but being cautious is always best.  Keep us posted.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 7:37pm

Well, got the results, and they are all normal, my iron levels have shot back up to a good level too.  Im glad there is nothing seriously wrong, maybe it is just some sort of panic attack, Im just not consciously panicking about anything, but deep down starting to think about everything that is going to happen soon and wondering how I am going to cope with everything.  Oh well, at least my kidneys and liver are fine.  The joys of being pregnant and they do say every pregnancy is different. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 11:42pm
I have a friend who was having these same issues... they did blood work and she ended up having low thyroid levels. Did they check that for you?
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 4:03am
Hmm. I was supposed to have my thyroid checked, too, come to think of it. They said I had too much (or was it too little?) of one of the hormones that controls its levels.

- JM