31 week appt

iVillage Member
31 week appt
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:18am
Hi ladies! Just came back from my obgyn appt. Bp was good and did not gain so that made me very happy. He measured my stomach and listened to the baby's hb and said it sounded great. I also got the TDAP shot, it didn't hurt at all, unlike rhogam shot ouch. My husband plans to get the shot as well. My next appt is in two weeks when I get the test for strep B. I asked my ob what if I go into labor before 39 weeks and he said we will just do the c section at that time. Still wish he could let me try for a vbac but part of me is scared... I am so tired and irritable this morning sigh... Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 12:43pm
Sounds like a great appt!! I wanted to ask if there was a reason you were not going to try for a VBAC. Your daughter (and only pregnancy right?) was 7 years ago so I was just curious. Sorry I dont mean to be nosey lol and you definitely do not have to tell me!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 12:56pm
Hello! :smileyhappy: no problem! When I was pregnant with my daughter the day after my baby shower I was admitted I had a terrible rash pupps it was all over my body and still spreading. They induced me and broke my water and gave me benadryl drip for the itching. I was not dilating I made it to only six centimeters after many hours the baby was in distress so I had an emergency c section. For this pregnancy my obgyn told me the hospital I would be delivering at would not consent to a vbac and my obgyn was also worried about me not progressing in labor and also he was worried about uterine rupture which i read is not common. I thought about getting another opinion and delivering at another hospital in order to try for a regular childbirth but I don't know I am torn I just want what's best for me and the baby. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:06pm
Just my personal opinion...I would get another opinion. With that being said, being you are so far along you may have a hard time switching practices or doctors. Uterine rupture is a risk in every pregnancy but that doesnt mean we will all have a c-section because of it. KWIM? I think the way i look at it is like this. If you switch and have a successful VBAC, you heal faster, get on your feet quicker, and have more success with things like bonding, breast feeding (if you decide to), and less of a chance of getting PPD (higher chance with a c-section). If you run into the same issues as before, you would have really missed nothing. Does that make sense? Is it normal to be induced because of PUPPS or does it depend on the severity. Also, were you induced early? Early induction especially for a FTM that is not ready is a big reason for tons of c-sections. I am sure you know all this though and have done your research!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 3:07pm

I am glad you had a good appointment and baby is doing good. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:19am
Thanks ladies!! Cannot believe October is almost here! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:25am
Thank you :smileyhappy: yes, I agree whole heartedly. I guess the risks in this post scared me. http://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-birth-after-cesarean-vbac_1420895.bc?page=2. My bmi is on the high side and I am 37 almost 38 years. I thought of switching doctors in June but I would have been going by word of mouth since we just moved here last July.
I'm. Not sure if it's normal to be induced due to pupps but I guess the doctors fels as though it was severe enough, emotionally it drained me to be up day and night itching imagine poision ivy like rash all over on my back even ,y feet everywhere imaginable :smileysad:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 2:15pm
Didn't you mention it was the hospital's policy not to do vbacs? Or the doc's? It does sound 'conservative', but I suppose they need to have some sort of decision-making system if they have a high number of patients to treat.

My grandmother and aunt had multiple c-sections (also in late 30s) and didn't have any issues afaik. So it's not the end of the world either. And I think it's a good sign that you didn't get PPD last time. Plus - as a STM, you already have a general idea of what to expect. ;-)

- JM