32w Ultrasound

iVillage Member
32w Ultrasound
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:57pm

Had my 32 week scan today, mainly to check that the placenta had moved, which it has, its right up out of the way now apparently so thats good.  Got them to check gender again, definitely a girl, Im paranoid about it being wrong, I had a friend with 5 scans saying it was a boy, and they had a little girl, that was 9 years ago though and technology is better, but still.  And she is measuring a little on the small side, in the 32nd percentile, 50th is average, and 10th is where they would be worried.  Nothing to be overly concerned about and honestly I think I am a little relieved, mainly because there is room to grow and stilll not be a massive baby. If she was measuring big now, I think I would be freaking out.  She is head down, and primarly on my right, which is what DS was.  No wonder I look lop sided, hahaha.  Cant wait for the pictures and report to posted online, so I can have another look.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 9:24pm

That's exciting.  Glad all the checks are confirming gender and everything is healthy.  And I think you're right - a healthy baby with room to grow is a lot easier to manage than a giant baby.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 4:23pm
Glad you had a good ultrasound. I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks too but my boy was in the 67% so he is bound to be bigger. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket