35 Week Appt (x posted at PAL)

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
35 Week Appt (x posted at PAL)
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 4:53pm

Week 35 doctor's appointment. I'm going to preface this by saying that I've been keeping track of my BP since Monday because I had some fairly significant swelling on Sunday. I've been hovering pretty much at 137/85 every time with one that was 126/75. So today I get to the OB office and I'm up NINE pounds since last week... my feet were obviously swollen. So they talk to me about it being a concern & to keep monitoring it. I'm to call them immediately if the swelling gets even worse, if my face swells, if I get headache, or if my vision gets spotty.

She did the group b strep test today. I am so swollen down there it hurt like hell... thank goodness they didn't check the cervix. They praised me for generally good bg #'s and for keeping track. No nst this week- Lacey was moving around for the entire office to see. But next week they are starting nst's every week before my doctor's appointments. I think that's everything. Oh, yeah, and they're checking for protein in the urine too.

Week 35 doctor's appointment. I'm going to preface this by saying that I've been keeping track of my BP since Monday because I had some fairly significant swelling on Sunday. I've been hovering pretty much at 137/85 every time with one that was 126/75. So today I get to the OB office and I'm up NINE pounds since last week... my feet were obviously swollen. So they talk to me about it being a concern & to keep monitoring it. I'm to call them immediately if the swelling gets even worse, if my face swells, if I get headache, or if my vision gets spotty.

She did the group b strep test today. I am so swollen down there it hurt like hell... thank goodness they didn't check the cervix. They praised me for generally good bg #'s and for keeping track. No nst this week- Lacey was moving around for the entire office to see. But next week they are starting nst's every week before my doctor's appointments. I think that's everything. Oh, yeah, and they're checking for protein in the urine too.

And I'm officially done with my contacts until the end of this pregnancy... I've never been so happy to wear glasses in my life. I put off switching over because I don't have prescription sunglasses, but I really don't care now. I just couldn't wear the contacts anymore.

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

**1st miscarriage January 1996* *2nd miscarriage June 2008* *3rd miscarriage August 2011**

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 6:31pm

Swelling and weight gain are no fun.  Have they talked about what comes next if it gets worse?  I know your job is crazy, it's too bad you can't sit down and put your feet up.  When that happened with me in previous pregnancies, I had to go on low salt diets.  But you're already stuck on the diabetes diet, so hopefully you won't get stuck with even more food restrictions.  I'm no expert, but I think if get dangerous then you'd also have protein in your urine.  (I remember having to do a home all day urine collection, I had this big jug to keep it in the fridge, yuck.)  Glad baby girl is moving and staying active.  At least that was one good part of your visit.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012