37w4d Appt - Off bed rest!

iVillage Member
37w4d Appt - Off bed rest!
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 5:37am
Today's appointment went well. Baby is far enough along that I can stop the magnesium supplement and get off bed rest - if only I felt better on my feet. Lol. Doc said LO is too big for accurate measurements, but her head and thigh bone measured in the normal range - well, 4 days smaller.

The hilarious part of the visit was when she did an internal check - baby literally ran away from her and pushed herself into a tight ball against my ribs. It was so obvious, so even my reserved doc had to laugh. I take it this means Valerie wants a little more mommy & me time. And for the first time she slept through the heart monitor - even though the nurses and I tried to wake her up. That is until she heard the doc come in the room again. Lol.

So now we just have to figure out what to do about the made-to-order crib not showing and having an estimated delivery time of 3-4 weeks!!! So glad I didn't turn down MIL's bassinet. I Googled Kidsmill and couldn't find any delivery complaints but the manufacturer was extremely rude about us wanting to know why they need 12+ weeks when the estimate at the time of order was 5-8 weeks! We're pretty certain we'll cancel the order and get our deposit refunded (at least the German retailer is helpful/nice) and have a family friend build one for us. He estimated 1 week. ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:43am

Sounds like a good appointment, i couldnt imagine being on forced bed rest, I want to rest more this time around, but on my terms, it must be good to have the option to get up and get things done if you feel up to it.  My LO is measuring a little small aswell, but I think i prefer safely small, than big at this point.  She also kept moving away from the doppler when I was getting my results and check up the other day, The ob gave up eventually and said well it is obvious she is quite active so no point trying to pinpoint her at the moment.  Then when they went to put the CTG on, she had completely swapped sides and my thumb was getting tired from pushing the button.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 10:03am

Whoo hoo!  Glad you can get up and move now!  Just take it easy, you've got to be weak from resting so much.  Funny that the baby already has such a defined personality.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 10:39am
Sounds like Valerie already knows who she likes. :smileywink: Glad to hear that everything went so smoothly!
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:45pm
I told the doc I was curious about her personality, and she said "Well, they usually take after their parents..." Oops. ;-)

- JM