Back home from L&D fun

iVillage Member
Back home from L&D fun
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 12:55pm
Since last night, my usually hyperactive LO has been sluggish, so the midwife sent us to be checked out at the nearest hospital with a nicu. All is well, and it was just my little stinker getting too big for her britches. Lol. However, the doc did measure me to be another centimeter shorter! So I'm definitely keeping up the bed rest, and hopefully the 2.5 cm will last me til Oct 7. ;-) Everything else is still measuring normal.

I am starting to get happy excited, though - especially after hearing Christy's little boy is on his way! We're getting to the point where we can finally worry less about LO making an early appearance! My 'worries' are more superficial now - the nursery isn't ready, I'd prefer an Oct birthday for some inexplainable reason, etc. ;-)

- JM

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 7:50pm

I'm glad everything is fine.  It must have been scary for you though.  I don't know how long you're supposed to be, but 2.5 cm seems short.  Get that nursery ready! 

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 11:38pm
:-) Yeah, all the docs think it's short, but they all seem to think I'll make it to 37w, so there's nothing to worry about. Just all the renovations to do. Lol.

I have no idea how long I'm supposed to be either, just that I was 4.5 cm two weeks ago (which the surprised the doc) and the only reason they checked was cause I had felt some very very minor cramping and very minor back pain. This ofc makes DH and I very nervous about knowing when to go in - but they do say there's no doubt about it when baby is actually coming. I wouldn't mind being oblivious to the contractions or back labor then, though... ;-)

- JM

Community Leader
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 4:33pm
I'm glad everything is ok!

And you're so right, it IS nice to get to the point where the worries about the baby coming early are pretty superficial. I'm also bumming a little bit about a Sep. v. Oct. birthday, but my God, after a 2T loss with my last pregnancy, bleeding early on in this pregnancy, etc., it's like, what a luxurious thing to "worry" about!

Photobucket