Looks like I'm having a Sept baby!

Community Leader
Looks like I'm having a Sept baby!
Wed, 09-05-2012 - 10:09am

So my bp was high last Friday at my ob check appt.  120/94.  The doctor had me go back in to be checked yesterday (Tues). I really wan't taking the whole thing very seriously.  I felt fine and thought one wonky bp reading wasn't that big of a deal.  I even went to work yesterday, thinking things were normal/fine.  Turns out it's a big deal.  My bp was in the 150s/90s in the office and after laying down, only dropped into the high 140s/90s.  The doctor actually sent me to L&D for monitoring and bloodwork.

My bp finally came down to more normal levels after about two hours.  The bloodwork and urine screen came back ok, but I'm out of work and on bedrest now.  I have to monitor my bp 2x daily at home, go into the office every couple days for checks (bp and bloodwork, looking for pre-e) and am doing a 24 hour urine collection starting tomorrow for my next appt. Friday. On Friday they're doing an u/s as well to check for size/position of the baby.  The doctor said I would def. be induced by 39 weeks, but he doesn't think I'll make it longer than two weeks.  Which would put me right at 37 weeks.

Kind of freaking out about having a baby in TWO WEEKS.  I definitely was not on the "can't wait to be done, wish I was done now" train yet with this pregnancy.  But I'm just trying to relax and go with the flow.  He and I are both going to be fine and he'll come when he needs to.  I can't control the situation, so I need to stop trying.  I ordered a few nursing bras today, we need to put the bassinet together & get a few odds and ends, but otherwise we're pretty well prepared.  

I hope all of your appts are more positive ladies!  

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 12:04am
I'm sorry you are having issues with your BP and that you are on bed rest, but it sounds like everything is going to be okay. Only 2 weeks left! I am so excited for you. I still have 7 weeks to my due date and it feels like an eternity in this ugly, bulky cast on bed rest. Maybe this child will bless me with his presence 3 weeks early like his big brother did. One can only hope.

It sounds like you are as ready as you'll ever be! Good luck, I'll be looking out for your birth announcement :smileyhappy: