Painful appointment

iVillage Member
Painful appointment
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 10:12pm

So I went to my new OB today now that we have insurance. The Dr is a very nice lady but she checked my cervix. I had it checked by my old OB last week and it wasn't at all painful. Still dialated just a fingertip so not much to note there. The Dr today was so rough. It hurt so much. I almost thought she was going to lose her arm in my hoo ha. I have been spotting ever since (which I kind of figurd was going to happen). This was the first appointment DH has been able to go to in months and it was kind of traumatic for him too. 

I have been cramping all afternoon. I know nothing is wrong but I hate having spotting. She said that she estimates the baby to be right around 5.5 pounds right now and he is still high....no duh! You crammed your arm in.....sorry, had a moment. Anywhoo. All is fine so that is good. I guess I will just get use to her being a bit rough :s

I hope all of your weekly appointments are going well!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 10:19pm
Ughh, I hate the internals. They always hurt me and I always spot and cramp, no matter how dilated I am.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 11:31pm

I had my first cervical check in months last week and it hurt, too.  My other pregnancies had the babies riding lower and they didn't hurt as bad.  I think checks with a high baby hurt so much more!  But if you think your new OB is rougher than normal though, you can always decline future checks.  When you go to the hospital mostly nurses will be checking you, you'll only have to deal with the OB at the end.

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 12:16am
Yeah, she said he was high. I got worried a bit ago because I passed a big deep red clot. I didn't think it was part of my mucous plug but I called my MIL (she use to work at this OB office) and she said if the check was that rough I most likely lost part of the plug. She advised me that if the bleeding gets worse tomorrow to go in. I feel better now because she and my mom were very comforting.

I called to talk to my mom and she was still at a meeting so I called my MIL and told her I needed a mommy :smileyhappy: It was kinda funny. I think it caught her off guard. Anyway, Contractions have slowed down and still light bleeding.

I'm sorry your check hurt too. Did your OB lose their watch too?? :smileyvery-happy:
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 8:20am
Ugh, I hate a rough doctor! There's one at my practice who manages to make a speculum feel like a torture device.

Sorry that you're having spotting and having to feel worried. I hope it passes soon.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 12:03pm
Sometimes when they check and it hurts its due to their short fingers and sometimes due to your tenderness in that area and sometimes its because they stripped your membranes without telling you (which doesn't always hurt but can hurt REALLY bad)
 BabyFruit Ticker