Tired of Dr.'s reactions?

iVillage Member
Tired of Dr.'s reactions?
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 2:59pm
I have the most laid back Dr. out there I think. Normally thats what I prefer but I'm so tired of bringing up concerns or issues and having him say "thats normal" This is my 7th pregnancy, I think I know whats normal for me by now, don't you? Why do they ask if you have had any swelling and then when you finally say yes they just say "thats normal" and move on? Why do they do a urine test if when there's white blood cells and ketones in the urine they shrug it off as a fluke? Why do they ask if you've had any contractions if they're going to ignore you when you say yes? Grrr.... I just want someone to care. I should have gone to a midwife, at least they pretend to care right? Anyone else tired of Dr.'s reactions?
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 3:49pm

I am so there!  I tried to respond to this post, and ended up with a huge ranting page of text.  Lol, I've complained enough on other posts, so I hit delete and started over.  But yes, I think medical staff is stupid right now, I'm annoyed with them all, they don't take complains seriously, and I'm just ready for this pregnancy and all these worries to be over!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 6:49am
You even get that here. As a FTM, I would get so confused, but the office has two docs that see me, so I ask one what the other meant. I'm still not 100% sure when I can stop the bed rest...

- JM

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 10:07am
Ugh. That's why I switched to midwives for this baby. I asked my OB last time if I could do anything about the swelling, and she glibly told me to "Have a baby."
by sara photo sigbysara.jpg
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:51pm

yup, i feel like im just another number to them. like what i say, they have heard time and time again. i can feel them rolling their eyes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 11:39pm
I was thinking that next time I go to the Dr. I will make up something thats totally abnormal and could possibly be dangerous just to see if he says "thats normal" LOL I'm betting that he would. Grrr... doctors!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:35am
YES!! I know it is their "job" but try to toss in some emphathy.. say somethign like "It is really tiring, or I KNOW you are ready to be done" but the stupid fake smile and nod is annoying to no end. I actually hate my dr visits now... I want to say something totally off the wall to see if theyare acutally even listening!