Announcing?

iVillage Member
Announcing?
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 7:36am

I can't decide how to share that we are pregnant! It is killing me keeping it inside, but I think we'll still wait a few weeks. How are you planning to announce your big news to your family/friends?  Do you have something special planned?

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-20-2013 - 12:48pm

I could never keep the news in and always just ended up telling people right away.  BUT, there are SO many cute ideas out there for ways to announce your pregnancy.  I can't wait to read how others have done it before, or are planning to announce this time around!

Here's a few ideas from iVillage too!

Costumes, Icing, Weding Vows! See the Wacky Ways These Parents Announced Their Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/how-i-announced-my-pregnan​cy-1/6-b-291630?nlcid=pb%7C11-08-2010%7C?ice=iv:m...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-21-2013 - 10:11am

We are going to tell our parents and siblings next weekend after my 9 week ultrasound on the 28th. If everything at the ultrasound is good, I'm going to have my 14 month old wear a onsie I got online to go visit them. The onsie says "I'm Going To Be A Big Sister!" we will just see how long it takes them to notice lol. Around 12 to 14 weeks I will probably post a pic of DD on facebook with the onsie on for the rest of our close friends/family to announce.

Katie, DH, DD- Emma (11/27/11), #2 due 10/4/13 : )

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 7:58am
Thanks for sharing!! I'll check out those ideas for sure.
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-22-2013 - 7:59am
CUTE! I love that idea. Let us know how it goes... and how long it takes them to figure it out!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 9:03pm

I think most people in my shoes would not tell anyone.  I have lost 3 pregnancies and this is my 4th.  But I told, anyway.  If I didn't tell now and then I miscarry later, I am going to tell them about the miscarriage, anyway, cause I don't go through anything alone.  So, why not tell them now and let them be happy with me for now?  If I miscarry, I do.  If I don't, I don't.  Either way....I'm going to be excited from the very beginning with them all!  It's not going to change the outcome!  That's the way I see it, anyway!

I told my family the day I found out (day-before-yesterday) and my friends & co-workers yesterday.  They will all be praying for me now and if, by chance, this baby doesn't make it either....they will all be there with lots of hugs and continued prayers for me later.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2013 - 9:28pm

Not totally sure how we'll tell family and friends yet.

We've only told two friends, when I was 5 weeks, since they came to stay with us for 4 days. I also told two of my zumba instructors since I've been told by the dr. to 'tone down' my workouts and I thought it would be important should I feel ill in class. Otherwise, hoping to wait to tell people until I'm 12/13 weeks. But at the rate that my stomach is growing (and I realize it's all bloating now), I won't be able to hide it for much longer! Tongue Out