Has Your Voice Changed??

iVillage Member
Has Your Voice Changed??
Mon, 08-19-2013 - 8:32am

When actress Kristen Bell was hugely pregnant she observed a change. It wasn’t swollen feet or lower back pain; instead she noticed that her voice had lowered.

“The pregnancy did change my voice. It made it deeper,” she said to PEOPLE earlier this week. “There were more womanly tones when I did one recording while I was extremely pregnant. After I had the baby, I had to go back and re-record those lines so they matched. There was something different about my voice.” Bell was recording a voice for a character in the animated movie, Frozen.   

So is a deeper voice really a side effect of pregnancy? Are there other weird transformations that happen?

“It certainly can happen. Every organ system in the body goes through changes during pregnancy,” says Rebecca Starck, the regional director of obstetrics and gynecology at the Cleveland Clinic.

“I would probably surmise the reason her voice changed [is because] there is a lot of congestion in the nasal passages and mouth … and [that can] change the vocal chords.”

http://www.today.com/moms/say-what-pregnancy-can-mess-your-voice-6C10936772

Has your voice change at all during your pregnancy?  When did you notice the changes?

photo snowsiggy.png