How will you tell your other kids?

iVillage Member
How will you tell your other kids?
Fri, 03-15-2013 - 11:01pm

Those with other kids, how did you tell or are planning on telling them you're pregnant?

DD is 5 and we haven't told her yet. The weird thing is that she has been kissing my belly since shortly after we found out and we've made sure not to say anything around her!

Trying to think of a cute way of telling her - any suggestions?

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 7:45am

How sweet that she's been kissing your tummy!  Sounds like she's pretty intuitive!  One idea is to present her with a big sister t-shirt or other gift from the baby.  Hopefully the other ladies here will have some more fun ideas too!

Here's a few tips about how and when to share the news about your baby with an older sibling.  I hope it helps!- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnancy-when-tell-your-child/6-n-138605

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 12:48pm
my oldest knew the day we got a bfp since I had to go for bloodwork and there was no school that day, but I told him we had to make sure. he keeps asking how big the baby is and when are we going to have it. At first I told him it was the size of a tiny seed and now he's excited I showed him now the baby is a couple of inches big! The other two have no concept of baby yet.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 5:38pm
I bought my son and step son t-shirts that say "I'm going to be a big brother" and "I'm going to be a big brother again". They are crazy excited.