I really don't know how to feel....

iVillage Member
I really don't know how to feel....
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 2:08pm

Let me introduce myself first....My name is Faith I am the mother of 2 beautiful girls Olivia (8) & Zoe (5months) and the Wife of Timothy  who is active duty Army, we have been married for almost 3 years. 

Well my DH just returned from Afghanistan January 5th of this year and a couple weeks prior to him coming home I started using the nuvaring for birth control thinking it would be a Godsend but all it did was make me have multiple periods in a month. So I stopped using the ring and went back to my regular birth control pills during that one week lapse in time between switching birth control (early feb) I became pregnant. It was totally unexpected seeing as we already have a 5 month old baby and we will be leaving our current duty station for another on the mainland (don't know where yet). My husband is currently on block leave in Texas with his family and he took our 5 month old so she could meet his side of the family (I couldn't get the time off work) which I found out I was pregnant while he has been gone (left 2/14) found out I was pregnant 2/26. 

Long story shorter my DH has been acting really funny towards me since I told him we were pregnant again, when I talk to him on the phone he always finds a reason to get off quickly for reason or another & today I mentioned something about pregnancy he told me he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. One I can't understand why he's so upset if he didn't want another child so soon he could have easily put a condom on, we don't plan on telling our family for a while it's just too soon I want all the attention to be focused on Baby Zoe for right now so right now I have no one to talk to about this pregnancy how I am feeling or anything. I just feel really alone & I hate this feeling I don't know if I am just being super emotional or what but I just know he needs to come around and quickly I didn't get pregnant alone and I refuse to be alone during this process AGAIN.....I found out I was pregnant less than 2 weeks before he deployed last year and didn't see him again until 2 days before Zoe was born and then he was gone a week after she was born til she was almost 4 months old so I have done this whole thing alone and I don't need this kind of stress or doubt right now. I just want to have a healthy happy baby. 

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-04-2013 - 2:27am

I'm sorry, hon!  I hate that he is acting funny.  So have you been away from him and the baby for over 2 weeks now?  I know you are hurting but maybe he just wants to talk in person about it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 10:27am

Aww.  Hugs to you.  It's been a few days... how is he acting now?  Maybe he needed some time to process everything?  Keeping you in my thoughts... please let us know how things are going when you have a chance.  HUGS!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-19-2013 - 3:22pm

i am sorry you are having a hard time. (((hugs)))

my boys are 16months apart and they are great friends. it will get easier for you. hang in there.