Losing my pregnancy

iVillage Member
Losing my pregnancy
Sat, 02-23-2013 - 1:11pm

Two weeks ago I found out that a section of the placenta didn't attach to the uterine wall. We found out because I had substancial bleeding and went to the E.R. The doctor said there was nothing we could do but wait and see if it stays isolated or if it gets worse. This being my first child, I've been on pins and needles with worry. I know worrying doesn't help but I just want to know what's going on in there. The doctor said if we make it to 10 weeks we will probably be ok. I'll be at 8 weeks tomorrow. My problem is that I am still spotting every day. Nothing heavy, nothing red but it happens every day. The doctor said one of the first signs of a miscarriage is just not feeling pregnant anymore. I feel like every day my "pregnancy" symptoms get lighter. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests this week and each time the 'pregnancy' line has gotten lighter. The test this morning was so faint it was devestating. At 8 weeks, I'm sure it shouldn't be faint. I know I am losing this baby. I'm trying to hold it together because I don't want pity or sympathy from other people. That and I guess I am still officially pregnant. I have my next doctors visit on Wednesday and I know it won't be a good visit. I've tried to be hopeful and keep a positive outlook, but I am now at the point where I don't want to be hopeful anymore. I just want what is going to happen to happen....

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-24-2013 - 8:54pm

I am SOOOOO sorry you are going through this!  This is pregnancy #4 for me and I lost my first 3 so I have been where you are.  All I know to say is that you have lots of support with iVillage and I am really praying for you and your baby.  {{HUGS}}

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-25-2013 - 7:36am

Sending you great big gentle ((((HUGS)))).  I'm so sorry you are going through such a stressful time.  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2013 - 7:51am

Oh, hun.  I'm so sorry you are going through this right now.  Keeping you in my thoughts.  Please let us know how you are doing. HUGS!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-26-2013 - 9:21pm

Please keep us posted. Sending you hugs and good vibes!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 5:41pm

Hi Ladies,

I've been staying busy and simply taking care of myself over the last week or so. So far the little bean is still there! 9.5 weeks and counting. The last doctors visit everything still looked good. We are talking to our Almighty and continuing to take it one day at a time. I'm feeling much more hopeful than before, but we shall see what happens.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!