Another "September" Baby... Jackson William is Here!

iVillage Member
Another "September" Baby... Jackson William is Here!
Sun, 08-19-2012 - 2:22pm

Sorry for the delay in posting....Many of you saw my facebook updates....but I was unable to access iVillage until just now when we arrived home.

On Thursday....at my OB appt..they were concerned about my swelling....measuring small and loss of 8lbs. So..they did a growth scan...and he was head down....maesuring an estimated 5lbs 3 oz. They did an NST and scheduled another NST for Monday... (tommorrow) and sent me home. Funny thing is....I had VERY FEW contractions on thursday and had all but surrendered that Labor was not in my imminent future. The rest of the day was uneventful.....

UNTIL..... I was walking through the kitchen at 10:30pm...... and Peed myself. Except.....every step I took....more fluid was dumping on the floor. LOL. I called to the basement to my hubby and said...Pretty sure we either need to call a plumber....or the hospital....... He, of course..Panicked. And I laughed at him.

Called the OB..and due to my history of QUICK labors....he said to head on in. I was NOT having a single contraction mind you...so I took a warm bath...shaved every INCH of my body..... got dressed and waited for my sister to get here to be with our 2 year old.

We arrived at the hospital at 12:30am. I was STILL dilated just about 3.5cm..but CX were 2 minutes apart. OB was NOT at the hospital yet..and said to the nurse...call me when she gets to 4.5cm...and we will get her epidural in. Well....suddenly his HR dropped OFF the monitor during a CX...they flipped me 4 times during the WORST CX ever. They called the OB and told him to HURRY in because Jack was having serious Decels. Some other random OB ran into the room...and put in an internal monitor on his head. That was pleasant....NOT. The contractions were 10 times worse than every with DD. The nurse stepped out to get the tray for epidural....and just then..I screamed at my hubby that I was pretty sure his head was coming out and I screamed I needed to push. He ran to get help.....and a random nurse walking by ran into the room to check me.

I went from 4cm to 10 in less than 15 minutes. Three nurses ran in..broke donw the table and called for help. ANOTHER random OB rushed in and gowned up and I was pushing. Just then..MY Ob walked in...and was like...WHAT THE HELL...you weren't kidding about QUICK labors. I BEGGED for SOMETHING....but it was too late!

I pushed for 10 minutes and out he came....SCREAMING. And as payback for a NATURAL birth..and OT getting my epidural..I made sure BOTH nurses AND the doctor got a Wet n Wild SPLASH! He weighed in at 5lbs. 2 oz (down now to 4lbs 10oz) and 18 inches.

He is HEALTHY......slight Jaundice.... and eating well. Because of his size....in order to go home...we are BFing, but having to supplement with some high calorie formula to bulk him up!

I'll try to upload a picture......hope you can see it!

OK..Who's Next?? Cindy? Andrea? LOL

PS.... Natural Birth....NO JOKE.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/Lindz4622/?action=view&current=e909c96f.png

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q627/Lindz4622/?action=view&current=1b264708.png

iVillage Member

I have been waiting for your birth story. :smileyhappy:

I am so excited that Jack is here. Wow. That was super fast and it sucked that you couldn't get pain relief but at least it is over now. He is super cute. He is a tiny little thing. My OB said my LO was 4 lbs 12 oz at my 32 week ultrasound so I can't image how big he will be when he is born. I know that ultrasounds are not super accurate with weight, but still....

Yeah for your new baby!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Cute!!!!!
Kelly Mom to: DD 10/00 DS 7/05 DD 10/08 Angel 10/11 #4 EDD - late Sept
iVillage Member
Awww - He is PRECIOUS. I am not jealous of the natural birth by any means, but at least it was quick! How are you? Any tearing from it all happening so quickly??
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! He's precious! Welcome to the world, Jackson.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

So precious! Congratulations!! And wow, that birth story -- it sounds like you had everyone in the hospital on their toes, haha! So happy for you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
  1. LOL! Gladly, hon. I'm ready to be done. Is that wrong? I was never like this with my other three. I feel for you on the natural birth.  Been there, done that.  Unfortunately, mine wasn't as quick as yours was.  Proud of you Mama!  You have a handsome little man there.  :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
He's so stinkin cute! Congrats!
Photobucket
iVillage Member

I will say...as sucky-Succubus as Natural Delivery was for me...The recovery has been SO MUCH BETTER. With DD....They had to cut me from Hoo-Hoo to almost bung-hole! LOL. This time..I had just a small tear on my labia...which took a whole 2 stitches.....

I still liked the drugs with DD.....epidural WAS my friend. But yes.....it was awful BUT SO QUICK.

PLUS, I was up and around so much sooner..........AND, the bleeding isn't as heavy!

My Boobs are HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...and SO Sore already....Milk came in on Day 3....But his latch sucks because he is SO LITTLE..... so I mainly pump and bottle feed him the BM.

Tired...but things are GREAT. DD took to him MUCH better than I ever thought she would.