Julian Matthew is here

iVillage Member
Julian Matthew is here
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:27pm
Sunday I was having a lot of contractions by 2pm they were every 5 minutes by 4pm they were every three. My husband talked me into going to L & D, I didn't want to because we all know how it goes you get there and it stops or slows down they send you home waste of time. I get there they they hook me up sure enough contractions every three minutes, long story short they tried medicines to stop and nothing worked by 1am contraction were every 1-2 minutes. At this point I still hadn't even seen a doctor just the nurse who was communicating via phone. Next thing I know nurse literally runs into my room and says your surgery is in15 minutes lets move and has 4 other nurses with her. I start to panic my husband wasn't even with me I convinced him it was nothing to stay at home and I took my niece with me. So she calls him, thank God we only live 7-8 minutes from the hospital.Julian was born via emergency repeat Csection at 2:05am 4lbs 14oz, 18 inches long. He is in the nice they estimate he will be here 2-4 weeks, he has had a rough day, on CPAP switched to vent then back to CPAP 8 IV's followed by a PICC line, now he needs the lights as he is getting jaundice. But he is stable and sometime Wednesday we should be able to hold him, yay! Iam currently pumping but he's not ready for it yet, still being tube fed sugar water stuff. Tomorrow they will tube feed protien then move to breast milk via tube by Wednesday. I will update tomorrow I'm exhausted and so sore.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 7:00am

Welcome Julian! Oh my goodness.....I guess your twice weekly NST's were a hint of what was to come! He is a good size..at almost 15 lbs....I hope he does well and behaves in the NICU.....so he can go home where he belongs!

I'm sorry he had such a rough night..... Are they thinking his lungs aren't developed? I mean..he is right on the cusp...right? I guess you are about 36 weeks....... ?

You rest...what an adventure you had Sunday night! We are all thinking of you and PRAYING!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 7:36am

Aww, congrats on your little prince!  Sending prayers that his NICu stay is a short one.  :smileyhappy:  Rest up Mama.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 8:21am
By my LMP I was 36 weeks by the ultrasound date which is what they are using I was 34 weeks 1 day. I am going to see him now and will update soon :smileyhappy:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 9:02am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! Praying that his NICU stay is short and he is able to go home with you soon. Welcome to the world, Julian!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 12:46pm

Congrats!!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:48pm

Congratulations! I guess he was ready to get out, no matter what you and your doctor had planned!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:49pm
Congrats on your little bundle! Hope he grows fast and comes home soon!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:21am

Congratulations! I hope his stay in the NICU is a short one and he's home with you soon!

BabyFetus Ticker