Pitocin Induction but all natural labor & delivery--Brody Finnegan is here!

iVillage Member
Pitocin Induction but all natural labor & delivery--Brody Finnegan is here!
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 5:57am

Hi ladies! They just took my little guy off to the nursery for a quick check-up with the doctor so I thought I'd take a few minutes to give you a quick update.

I posted Monday that I was being induced due to IUGR and I am pleased to report that Brody Finnegan is here! He weighed in at a whopping (haha) 5 lbs 14 oz and was 18.5 inches long. I ended up going all natural for the labor and delivery, other than the pitocin induction of course. It wasn't exactly fun times, but I had an epidural with my DD and have to say that it's really nice to be able to feel your legs and move after giving birth! Other than being pretty tiny, Brody appears happy and healthy. He nursed right away while I was still in the delivery room and though he's been a bit tough to wake in order to feed, the few times I've successfully roused him he's managed to latch and nurse well. I think once he gets over being so tired he'll be a real boob munching champ! LOL

I'll post a full birth story and pictures once we're home, but I wanted to update you ladies and say THANK YOU for all the prayers and positive thoughts. Clearly they did the trick!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Welcome Brody!!!! We seem to be making small babies so far! Ha, Ha!! It sounds like he is happy and healthy.....those are the most important things right now! Congrats Momma!!!!!

iVillage Member
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! Welcome to the world, Brody.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

Congrats on your little prince!  I can't wait to see pics!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Congrats!! Glad he's doing well.
iVillage Member

Hi Brody!

iVillage Member
So happy to hear all is well. Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!
Photobucket