Serenity Christine

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Serenity Christine
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 1:25am

On Sunday September 2, I woke around 5am and was having cramping.  It was nothing to bad, I had been having those cramps for the last couple weeks so I went back to sleep.  Not sure when they started to get stronger, but I was starting to wake up with them and go back to sleep.  At 8am I decided to just get up and wait it out.  They seemed to be coming every five minutes, but they were not strong.  I went and told my husband and made him go have a shower.  About 8:30 I decided to call my friend who said she would look after my boys, and couldn't get a hold of her.  My husband got out of the shower and made me call they hosptial, and I did they told me to come in and be checked out.  I tied my friend again and couldn't get a hold of her, so I texted her.  So I called another friend and she said she was free if I couldn't get a hold of my other friend.  I got the everyting ready and tried friend A again and still couldn't get a hold of her.   I ended up haveing to drop my boys off at friend's B house, about 10am and headed to the hosptial.

At the hosptial I got there about 10:15 and had to wait ten minutes before being able to check in as it as the weeked and there was someone ahead of me taking him time even though the lady behind the desk was trying to hurry.  I got to the ward and had to wait to get a room, they were busy, and when I finally got a room had to wait more because all nurses were busy, they finally got an nurse from ICU who use to work in L&D to come up an hour after getting to the hosptial.  DH had to run down and put more time on the meter.  When he got back in they had checked me and I was already at 4cm and -1 station.  About 30minutes later another nurse came in and I was then at 5cm.

I was moved to a delevery room and the doctor came in some time after that and broke my water and left.  Then everything is a blur.  I remeber being checked and I was at 7cm then about an hour later I was checked again, the doc said i was still at 7cm, but my sac was still there he said it was like I had two of them and they rebroke it.  A student doctor came in at somepoint and asked if she could be there for delevery.  The doctor left at some point saying he would be back in an hour and a half.  Not sure how long he was gone but they paged him and he started to head back.

I told the nurse at one point that the baby was coming now and the doctor had yet to make it back, she makes everyone of my babies who played the can the one that is suppose to delever me make it here on time.   My husband happened to look out the window and say the doctor was just got back.  The doctor made it and a nurse went to go get the student doctor and she came in.   The nurses made a comment that I knew how to push and was good at that- haha. I heard the doctor tell the student doc to let him do it and explain something to her.  My husband told me later that the baby's shoulders got stuck for a moment and he about freaked. 

At 4:22 Serenity Christine was born.  She weighed in at 8lbs and 8oz.  21 2/3 in long.

2012-09-02 18.21.49.jpg

2012-09-08 19.07.30.jpg

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 10:17am

She is beautiful! And a good size! Good job Momma.......you made a gorgeous baby girl!

Did friend A feel like a schmuck for missing your calls/texts? LOL

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 10:48am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! She's a beauty! Welcome to the world, Serenity.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 1:00pm

She's beautiful!  Welcome to your little Princess!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 5:22pm
Yay! Congrats!
Photobucket