ZOE RENEE IS HERE!!!

iVillage Member
ZOE RENEE IS HERE!!!
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 4:27am

Sorry it took me so long to update I have been so busy haven't stayed in the house 1 whole day since I was discharged.

So here it goes Sunday 9/9/12 I was admitted to L&D to start my induction around 130am I was 3cm dilated, 30% effaced, & -2 station. 2am the doctor inserted cervidil & the big wait began, I started having mild contractions but nothing to write home about nurses kept asking me what my pain level was and I kept telling them a 1 on a scale of 1-10. Fast forward to 2pm cervidil was removed I was checked still only 3-4cm, 50% effaced and 0 station :-( all I could think was lord please just let this baby come out I do not want to be pregnant anymore. So they gave me a chance to clean up take a break from the monitors walk around and decide what I wanted to do next, 3pm we decided to go with pitocin started very low 3 I believe and it went up every 30mins until I delivered her. First the contractions were mild but progressive (mind you I did this without an epidural), around 915pm I felt like I had to poop and throw up so me being a 2nd time mom I thought I was in transition so the nurse check....WRONG I was still only 4cm I just wanted to cry I was in so much pain at this point and the pitocin then was at 51 what that mean I don't know but I was really hurting. Finally I asked for the epidural my husband cut me off told the nurse no she said no don't let her get it for nothing I wanted to cry again it was nonstop by this point finally I got a little fentanol (I think that is how it's spelled) my nurse told me do not get out of the bed without her it was going to make me a little loopy and boy did it, I called DH over and said "babe I'm soooo high right now..But I still want the epidural" he told me well we have an hour till it wears off I am taking a nap (grrrrr) he went to sleep I was spacing out it's about 935pm at that time. 15-20minutes into I was still feeling the contractions like no other the nurse for some reason slapped the oxygen mask on my face and told me to breathe deeply and slowly, shortly after that I really had the urge to bear down and have a bowel movement or pee so I asked the nurse to help me to the bathroom she told me no let me check you her eyes bucked and she ran out the room next thing I know there is 5 extra people in the room yelling at me not to push (RIGHT!) then I realized it's baby time I screamed for DH to wake up he's asking what's going on LOL then it clicked in on him baby is coming.

I started pushing they didn't even have enough time to take the bed apart or get fully dressed up for the birth the first push my water exploded on everyone down wind and they were slipping in the fluid (LOL it's so funny now) next push head was out, 3rd push I had my baby girl on my chest and I couldn't say anything but "I did it OMG I DID IT", DH cut the cord and the hospital policy is to have skin to skin time for at least an hour after birth so no weighing or separating mom & baby for the first hour. Little Zoe suckled right away it was the most amazing experience. I did not tear at all just a little rug burn finally they weighed my little lady she was 7lbs 13oz, 20.25in perfect in every way. Zoe breastfeeds so well hope to plump her up quickly. 

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 7:48am
Zoe is beautiful congratulations!! :smileyhappy:

Monica
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 9:06am

Aside from how long it took you to get to 10 cm..your story sounds eerily familiar.... No drugs, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off...Splashing everyone with waters....LOL....and THREE pushes...just like me!

She is GORGEOUS!!! I am proud of you!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 10:41am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! She is just precious! Welcome to the world, Zoe!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 1:54pm

Congratulations, Mama!  She is absolutely beautiful!  Enjoy every minute.  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 4:05pm
Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went well and you finally have her home!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 6:29pm
Congrats on the little girl!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:14pm
She's gorgeous!!